Business Development - Securities at Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The Paxos Securities business is expanding its team and needs business development experts to help drive change in the industry. Reporting to the head of business development for Securities, this role will own selling into and leading strategic client and partner relationships.The ideal candidate will have experience selling enterprise technology and owning relationships with complex organizations, as well as a strong interest in driving the adoption of the Paxos financial market infrastructure to replace the legacy infrastructure used today.
As a Business Development Officer, you'll get to:
- Convert from an established pipeline to committed clients and partners.
- Take ownership of prospects and partners' relationship with the firm.
- Connect with new prospects and develop them into clients and partners.
- Navigate complex client organisations to identify and create relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop account plans that drive customer adoption and loyalty.
- Help customers quantify the value and savings from a modern financial market infrastructure.
- Provide customer feedback to Product Management.
- Engage with industry groups as part of our marketing outreach.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 7 plus years of experience selling enterprise software to a customer base of banks and brokers with an understanding of network sales
- A track record of building customer relationships in large enterprises while delivering on commercial goals.
- Great communication skills to present our vision and win customer support.
You might also have:
- Aptitude and interest to learn the deeper details of how clearing works.
- Demonstrated passion for driving innovation and change with little supervision.
- Transparent team player who shares information well.
- Comfortability working in a continuous evolving business.
The Business Development team will play a vital role in growing Paxos’s revenue and expanding our customer base.
Key to this role is an ability to understand Paxos technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and coach others to do the same. You and your team will need to win the trust of our potential clients by consultatively selling the value of the Paxos Platform.
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more open, trusted economy.