The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and driving strategic deals to accelerate Flatiron's growth and product development. We are hiring for people who will not only develop new strategies, but will also drive their execution to deliver results. This role will focus on sourcing and executing strategic partnership deals as well as building a deal pipeline for M&A and collaborating with Finance to execute M&A deals. These deals could focus on product integrations with other companies’ products, bringing new products to market (e.g., developing a joint clinico-genomic data product with Foundation Medicine), or otherwise increasing the value of Flatiron products to our customers.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Flatiron teams, including product, sales, marketing, oncology, legal, and finance to help Flatiron realize our mission of improving lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing business, you will be consistently challenged and are expected to learn quickly from your brilliant cross-functional teammates as you make an impact on cancer care together.
- Proactively identify and prioritize opportunities to grow Flatiron’s business
- Source deals against those opportunities, building a robust pipeline across various business lines
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (finance, product, legal, sales, etc.) to execute deals end-to-end including term sheet negotiation, financial and strategic diligence, and standing up operations
- Note that this is not a sales role
- You have a B.A. or B.S.
- You have 5+ years experience in externally-facing roles in healthcare or technology
- You have experience sourcing and executing partnership, investment, and/or M&A deals in healthcare or technology
- You have demonstrated success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional initiatives to completion
- You have exceptional written and communication skills and experience developing external relationships
- You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity - you’re able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information and have a demonstrated ability to learn complex concepts quickly
- You have a nose for value - you’re able to effectively prioritize and think strategically in a challenging, rapidly changing, and time sensitive environment
- You’re a highly analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications
- You’re passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology