The Business Development team is responsible for identifying and driving key business opportunities at Flatiron. We are hiring for people who will not only develop new strategies to accelerate Flatiron’s growth, but will also drive their execution to deliver results. This role will focus on initiatives to accelerate our work, often through external collaborations/strategic partnerships with organizations in the oncology industry. These partnerships could focus on product integrations with other companies’ products, bringing new products to market with a partner (e.g., developing a joint clinico-genomic data product with Foundation Medicine), or otherwise increasing the value of Flatiron products to our customers across the oncology industry.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Flatiron teams, including product, sales, marketing, oncology, legal, and finance to launch partnerships that help Flatiron realize our mission of dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research in cancer. Working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing business, you will be consistently challenged and are expected to learn quickly from your brilliant cross-functional team mates as you make an impact on cancer care together.
- Proactively identify and prioritize challenges and opportunities for Flatiron’s businesses, brainstorm and evaluate tradeoffs of potential solutions, conduct analyses, and make strategic decisions
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (product, legal, finance, sales, marketing, oncology, etc.) to properly identify, prioritize, and execute on cross-industry collaboration/partnership opportunities
- Lead all aspects of deal execution, including identification and prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring and negotiation, follow through to results, and relationship management
- You have a B.A. or B.S.
- You have 5+ years experience in client-facing roles in healthcare
- You have experience delivering products or services to research organizations (e.g., life sciences companies) in organizations such as a top 3 consulting firm, boutique life sciences consulting firm, or business development or related role at a high-growth company in the life sciences space
- You understand the common challenges faced by life sciences firms related to observational research and have experience solving these problems
- You have robust project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- You have exceptional written and communication skills and experience developing external relationships
- You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity - you’re able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information and have a demonstrated ability to learn complex concepts quickly
- You have a nose for value - you’re able to effectively prioritize and think strategically in a challenging, rapidly changing, and time sensitive environment
- You’re a highly analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications
- You’re passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- Deal experience (e.g., M&A, strategic partnerships)
- Oncology experience