Business Lead (962) at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is hiring a Business Lead. This role will support our Sales, Operations and Marketing Senior Leadership in making and executing excellent decisions. We are looking for a person-of-all-trades, with experience in multi faceted or cross-functional areas, and an eagerness to learn new skills. This is a high impact position that requires strong analytical and project management skills, as well as the ability to work and communicate cross-functionally and manage relationships with internal partners. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record in business operations or analytics, preferably within consulting, a start-up or fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, is proficient in Google Suite (SQL a plus) and embodies a customer-first approach in everything that they do. This individual will operate as an analyst and decision framer, as well as an agent of change.
Responsibilities will include:
- Help identify priorities, strategically align allocation of time and revisit regularly to assess progress in weekly syncs
- Facilitate and lead meetings with or on behalf of Sales and Ops Senior Leaders
- Coordinate meeting preparation and planning for meetings, including but not limited to leadership, town-hall, strategic planning, and OKR meetings
- Manage a variety of long-term and cross-organizational projects
- Provide communications and coordination support by drafting reports, memos, and presentations
- Create structure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to get things done: Our ideal candidate is driven to achieve results. You are tenacious in the face of adversity and carry a can-do demeanor. You are an extraordinary organizer and project planner with the ability to consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Strategic approach: You provide strategic thought partnership, brainstorm and identify solutions to challenges. You are a natural problem solver with analytical and structured thinking. You are able to build order out of chaos by identifying systems and processes in need of increased efficiencies. You understand business operations and easily synthesize information to develop a recommended plan of action.
- High emotional intelligence: Business Leads must understand the underlying motivations not only of their leader, but also of themselves and others across the organization with whom they build relationships and influence. They will be the ultimate connector, in the know about every key project, and will be able to connect the dots across the company. You are positive, empathetic, flexible, and curious. You garner respect and are someone who people want to work with.
- Create structure and process for a forward-thinking leader. You will be creating cohesion and alignment in the operations organization. This includes driving priorities and/or special projects.
- Creative communication: You provide detailed and concise communication to all internal and external partners.
Better is requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated in order to go into the office. Our priority is first and foremost the safety of our employees and their families, and we require vaccines out of an abundance of caution. Please note that Better will offer a reasonable accommodation process for employees who are not vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.