Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about architecting technical solutions to support our business processes, data, and users to achieve business outcomes.
We are looking for a Business Systems Architect with experience in architecting and designing technology solutions to support our Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Finance, Accounting, Legal, and Human Resources business processes and data architecture. Partnering and collaborating with our IT Business Solutions teams and business stakeholders to ensure alignment of enterprise processes, data, technology roadmaps and business vision. Although experience with all end to end business processes & functions is preferred, extensive experience in architecting solutions to support our Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support functions is a must.
As the Business Systems Architect you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of our business goals, objectives, processes, and vision. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the technology solution reference architecture along with architectural deliverables for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions to enable business outcomes. Working with our business stakeholders and Business Systems teams you will provide leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and communicate a roadmap for the evolution of the application portfolio from current to future state.
- Partner with business owners and SME's in translating business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints to achieve business objectives.
- Lead analysis and documentation of current state business systems technology architecture, interfaces, processes, data, and dependencies. Lead vision definition for future state architecture based on enterprise business and IT strategy.
- Ensure that solution architecture supports realization of technology investment. Understand and leverage existing technology investments, and when appropriate, make the business and technical case for a new investment.
- Engage with the Business Systems Portfolio process, developing required documents, leading presentations and facilitation of review discussions, including any follow-up action items and requested modifications to proposed solution architecture.
- Challenge the implementation teams in adherence to architectural intent.
- Analyze business applications and detect critical deficiencies, technical debt, and provide recommendations for improvement to the Business Systems Teams.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Support product/service owners with product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire products, services or systems.
- Work closely with product and service owners to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provide consulting support and mentorship to technical delivery teams.
- Ensure compliance of solutions with IT standards, company and regulatory security requirements
- Architecture experience with SalesForce.com CRM technologies
- Experience with Middleware solutions and integration architectures
- Experience in Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support processes ability to quickly learn how these functions work within the company
- Strong communication skills including concise writing, creation of slide decks and presenting in front of groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Engaging personality and cultural fit that espouses DigitalOcean corporate values
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly understand business processes and technologies.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here