Client Experience at Policygenius...
Do you enjoy solving problems for customers? Are you able to think like a salesperson, problem solve like an analyst & put yourself in someone else's shoes - all while delivering an exceptional customer experience? Yes? Keep reading.
The Client Experience team at Policygenius prides itself on putting our customers at the center of all we do. We work with Sales, Case Management, Customer Success, and Quality Assurance to provide the best insurance shopping experience ever. Our mission is to help smooth out the kinks for clients who have had a bumpy experience. We want our customers to feel at ease--as if they are talking to a friend or family member.
The work we do is no walk in the park--but it is super rewarding and has an immediate tie to Policygenius’ mission. You will get to exercise problem-solving on-the-fly, out-of-the-box thinking, and versatility. Issues? We'll take care of it. Complexities? We'll solve it. Questions? We’re all over it. Intrigued? Then come and join our team!
Individuals who reside in Alaska, California, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, and Rhode Island are not eligible for this remote role.
- Ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience with regular status updates and an emphasis on customer retention
- Coordinate with appropriate vendors to schedule, reschedule, and track insurance exams and phone interviews for concierge clients
- Address customers’ questions about the underwriting process, carrier requirements and other service issues in concert with our case management team
- Communicate adverse underwriting decisions (impaired risk, postpones and declines) with empathy and tact
- Partner with the Team Lead and/or Manager to resolve customer escalations as they relate to all parts of the sales and underwriting funnel
- 2+ years of client facing work experience and Bachelor’s degree preferred (relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- Retention sales experience is a plus!
- A life, accident & health insurance agent or broker license or willingness to obtain one
- A customer-centered mindset -- motivated by solving problems for customers and your team
- Strong communication and effective listening skills with an attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of working in a high volume environment
- Honesty and integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to learn and grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Please note: this role will require flexibility in work schedule, including the possibility for some evening and/or weekend shifts
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO [for relevant roles]
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!