Client Support Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Resy Accounts team leverages client support and troubleshooting skills to investigate and resolve the most technically complex issues our restaurants face, collaborating with Product Management, Project Management, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Media Intelligence, Analytics, and Developer Relations. This role reports to the VP of Business Operations.
This individual sits between the Account Management, Support, and Engineering organizations, and is the gatekeeper for issue escalation and resolution. They are responsible for triaging issues and identifying the where, when and why of bugs in order to support the Product and Engineering teams in resolving them.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Level II support for technical issues: ensuring that incidents within our platform and tools are handled with adherence to SLAs.
- Responsible for owning incidents, including escalating to Tier 3 support, Product, TPMs and Engineering leadership.
- Responsible for contributions toward ad-hoc projects, as requested.
- Working with our Account Management, Implementation teams to understand the needs of our clients and crafting unique solutions to best serve those goals.
- Utilize log files and product health metrics, to be able to discern issues with internal workflows and platform data.
- Inform processes around issue management at Resy.
- Rotating weekend on-call schedule for incident management.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a degree in Math, Science, Computer Science, Networking, or a software development related field
- You have experience working in a level 1 or level 2 engineering customer support role (Help Desk, I.T., Customer Service for web-based platform), or troubleshooting software issues in another engineering-based role (QA, Software development)
- You have strong analytical skills - experience handling complex datasets, identifying trends within the data, and performing comparisons between multiple data sources.
- You have Experience with databases, SQL, API's - Able to create queries to retrieve records, aggregate data from a variety of data sources, and an understanding of the underlying data structures. - Must know SQL.
- You are familiar with Jira, Clubhouse, or other similar issue management tools and best practices
- You have excellent written communication, organization, and time management skills.
- You possess the ability to explain complex subjects to a non-technical audience.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- You have a strong passion in solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions, and - as a bonus - hospitality!
BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Python Experience
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.