Community Health Partner at Cityblock Health
Every aspect of the Cityblock care model is carefully designed to focus on our members, engaging and empowering them to own and improve their health through trusted relationships. Through mobile interdisciplinary care teams, we are flexible in how we deliver care, meeting members where they are, and together developing and working longitudinally through a personalized and integrated Member Action Plan (MAP). The care team collaborates to support each member’s whole health and social needs. Enabled by custom-built technology, we build capacity, deliver care and dramatically change members’ opportunities and outcomes.
Partnering with community-based organizations and a well-respected commercial partner in New York, and backed by the top healthcare investors in the country, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members—and leading the move from transactional, fee-for-service medicine towards high-value, relationship-based partnerships.
- Follow a panel of members to coordinate all aspects of their care.
- Steer a care team, constantly communicating with other team members around member needs and desires.
- Foster lasting and trusting relationships as the face of the team and key point-of-contact to assist members in achieving goals, identifying new needs, and coordinating care.
- Meet with members in their homes, neighborhoods, and throughout the complicated paths of the healthcare system.
- Coordinate care for members, identifying and addressing their barriers to and social influences on good health.
- Go above and beyond to connect with patients and partners in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
- Work daily within our custom-built care facilitation platform, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family members.. This platform is being built for a mobile workforce, and you will be among the first cohort to field-test our technology, provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, become part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others.
- You have experience with patient navigation, management, or any kind of direct service provision.
- You have a passion for working within the community you are a part of, or have been a part of in the past.
- You excel at empathy and human interactions, and want to improve the health of individuals and whole communities.
- You are an independent self-starter and a strategic thinker who is eager to learn, improve, and grow.
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
- Experience working with individuals with mental health and substance use diagnoses.
- Training in motivational interviewing, behavioral activation therapy, or problem solving treatment.
- Direct familiarity with clinical settings.
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph response indicating why this job is compelling to you.
- A 1 paragraph summary of a time when you thought you made a difference in someone’s health.