We’re seeking a collaborative, operationally-minded Community Partnership Lead to advance Cityblock’s social care model in New York. In seeking to address the social factors that contribute to poor health outcomes for our members, you will establish and maintain a tight-knit and accountable network of community-based partners in Brooklyn and beyond. Your responsibilities include building partnerships with CBOs, engaging community leaders and expanding Cityblock’s presence within the community, and driving improvement in our members’ health and social outcomes. This requires a deeply collaborative approach as well as robust management and partnership-building skills. It is a unique opportunity to devise creative experiments and solutions with the goal of meeting Cityblock members’ needs with care, compassion, consistency, and fidelity as part of a distinctive overall Cityblock experience.
- Work with Cityblock’s Community Engagement Manager and cross-functional teams to manage the end-to-end development of a robust network of CBOs, including vetting, contracting, referral workflows, co-location projects, and shared risk arrangements.
- Manage cross-partner priorities within Cityblock to ensure that we are able to meet different types of social needs as efficiently and scalable as possible, with differentiated partnerships to address myriad member needs based on acuity and other factors.
- Create infrastructure and operations around information and data sharing, quality monitoring, and improvement.
- Liaise internally to ensure that member-facing teams are onboarded and trained effectively to be able to leverage the CBO network and deploy community resources appropriately.
- Engage community leaders through existing coalitions, committees, and community initiatives.
- Resolve and escalate internal risks and issues to Cityblock’s cross-functional leadership and facilitate prioritization of resources to optimize the CBO network.
- Help to identify Cityblock’s new and existing strategic, operational, and technical capabilities from within the community and CBO perspective.
- Inform member outreach strategies and approaches based on information gathered from formal and informal community engagement.
- Coordinate Cityblock team community service activities that strengthen relationships with Cityblock’s CBO partners and other social service organizations in our community.
- Be accountable for consistently delivering ahead of deadline with a high level of customer satisfaction, and measuring success along the way.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of nonprofit, community-organizing, or social entrepreneurship experience, with significant implementation or program management components, and manager responsibilities.
- Experience with community healthcare, community benefit or other functions with a healthcare organization.
- Exceptional and demonstrable abilities including but not limited to:
- Building, developing, and managing relationships and leading from inception through negotiation and contracting to implementation;
- Serving as an accountable leader interfacing with Cityblock leadership and team members in our Hub(s);
- Creating, managing, and optimizing a budget and financial operations related to community-based partnerships;
- Positioning Cityblock as an exceptional partner while managing stakeholder expectations;
- Communicating effectively in all settings;
- Applying learnings from one experience to scalable solutions across other areas;
- Engaging, inspiring, and building credibility and trust with internal and external teams.
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter