Compliance Associate, Onboarding/Account Review at Gemini
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Compliance Associate (Onboarding/Account Review)
Gemini is looking for a smart, friendly individual that is organized, detail-oriented and eager to contribute to a world-class compliance team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and quick study who is comfortable working within the fast-paced environment of a growing FinTech firm. This is a unique opportunity to make a real, immediate impact in an exciting new technology at an industry leading firm well-positioned for success. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City.
- Perform customer on-boarding using CDD and EDD research efforts and strategies as well as utilizing sound judgment and strong decision-making.
- Working cross-functionally with teams across the enterprise to address any compliance related questions.
- Periodic review of existing retail and institutional customer accounts to ensure information on file is accurate and complete, including performance of transactional and blockchain analysis.
- Identify and flag possible ML/TF concerns and escalate to appropriate stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree or international equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on BSA/AML compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Track record of success and results, ideally in a high-growth or entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexible mindset and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and assist in various compliance functions as needed.
- Advanced degree/certifications, e.g., JD, MBA, CAMS, CFE.
- Strong understanding of Customer Identification Program (CIP) requirements including KYC best practices.
- Previous experience performing KYC and periodic account reviews, including assessment of customer risk and transaction analysis.
- Working knowledge of digital asset trading and blockchain technology, including previous experience working with blockchain analytics tools.
- Comfort with an ever-changing regulatory landscape and fast-paced business environment.
- Experience working with business and project management tools such as Looker and JIRA.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.