Corporate Account Manager
AlphaSense provides an AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally. Our mission is to curate and semantically index the world’s market and company information, including the vast high-value content sets that traditional web search engines cannot reach. With 1000+ enterprise clients, AlphaSense helps knowledge professionals become dramatically more productive, and gain an information edge by discovering critical data points and trends that others miss.
The Account Manager, Corporate is responsible for developing three-dimensional relationships with customers and key stakeholders in order to effectively retain and grow our customer base. The account director will serve as our Corporate clients’ main point of contact for inbound queries, outbound engagement, relationship updates, and renewal discussions. They need to be versatile as they will work with IR, strategy team, competitive intelligence and more. They’re expected to collaborate with account executives, identifying new business opportunities to help expand our footprint within each client account.
While key performance indicators include retention rate and the identification of growth opportunities, the responsibilities of Account Directors go much deeper. The team also extracts a wealth of knowledge from our clients, bringing that internally to product, marketing and sales teams in order to maximize the effectiveness of our business’ strategy and communication.
- Maximize retention rate across the book of business
- You’ll increase and drive adoption of AlphaSense solutions into other business units of existing clients to uncover new opportunities, exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Identify revenue at risk in order to best position the company to prevent churn
- Forecast retention rates
- Collaborate with Account Executives to identify growth opportunities within the book of business
- Understand the ins and out of the business, roles, responsibilities, projects, performance metrics, etc. within our client base in order to more effectively: 1) communicate with users, 2) communicate with decision makers, 3) identify white space, 4) partner with AE to craft most compelling messaging to prospective users
- Cultivate relationships with users and key stakeholders to ensure AlphaSense is viewed as a business partner rather than vendor
- Hold Business Reviews with key stakeholders
- Plan and execute new user onboarding and training initiatives
- Consistent proactive outreach with material and information that’s relevant for our user base
- Serve as our boots on the ground and physical presence within each client (floor walks, lunch and learns, etc.)
- Serve as both the advocate for AlphaSense to the client, and the client advocate within AlphaSense
- Acquire value stories and product feedback from clients. Circulate internally to assist with product development, marketing, sales efforts
- Allocate time effectively to work most closely with high and mid-touch accounts
- Experience managing relationships with financial services companies or large corporations, preferably either SaaS technology, financial information and/or research
- You have proven success managing and growing multiple Fortune 1000 client accounts and negotiating complex, six-figure, multinational partnerships with C-Level executives.
- Energetic and creative individual, possessing natural intellectual curiosity with the ability to learn quickly
- Reputation for consistently delivering results and setting the example for grit, work ethic, initiative, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Strong ability to develop instant rapport with new people, and to maintain relationships, combined with a positive, outgoing personality.
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills, able to distil and explain complex issues in simple terms.
- Able to comfortably communicate at both senior C level executive and analyst
- Able to travel as necessary to meet demands of clients
- Bachelor’s Degree