Corporate Development Associate at Squarespace
The Corporate Development team is seeking an Associate to join our growing team. The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executive team and all other Squarespace staff levels. You will partner cross-functionally to build and execute the inorganic growth strategy for Squarespace’s high-growth business.
You will be closely involved in all aspects of the deal process, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, valuation, due diligence and closing & integration activities. You should be action-oriented and comfortable driving outcomes with all internal and external stakeholders.
You will report to the Corporate Development Lead in New York.
- Support in the identification, development, analysis and successful execution of M&A transactions
- Apply analyses to acquisitions and other strategic plans, including building 3-statement financial models and valuation methodologies with revenue, cost, and key operational drivers
- Analyze industries, businesses, and new growth opportunities through strategic, financial and feasibility frameworks
- Collaborate with Finance to build a standard Corporate Acquisition Model
- Research relevant industries to identify key trends and the competitive landscape
- Develop decision matrices and frameworks to analyze complex problems
- 3+ years experience in investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate development or private equity in the technology industry
- Worked with technology companies (consumer internet a plus) and SaaS business models
- Exceptional analytical and financial modeling skills, highly proficient in excel
- Ability to clearly articulate complex problems and solutions/recommendations
- Team player with the ability to anticipate needs of varying stakeholders
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.