Customer Relationship Manager - Life Insurance at Policygenius
Customer Relationship Management at Policygenius...
Internally known as Customer Engagement Associates, Customer Relationship Managers at Policygenius prides itself on delivering a high-quality customer experience while also ensuring we do everything we can to get our customers to purchase a policy. We wear a lot of hats and often work closely with Case Management and Quality Assurance to provide the best insurance shopping experience ever. Our mission is to educate our customers on the life insurance buying process to ensure we get them the policy that fits their needs.
The work we do is no walk in the park--but it is super rewarding and has an immediate tie to Policygenius’ mission. You will get to exercise problem-solving on the fly, out-of-the-box thinking, and versatility. Issues? We'll take care of it. Complexities? We'll solve it. Questions? We’re all over it. Intrigued? Then come and join our team!
Individuals who reside in Alaska, California, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, and Rhode Island are not eligible for this remote role.
- Become a licensed expert on our term life insurance products through independent onsite training and cross-team collaboration
- Ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience with regular status updates and an emphasis on customer retention via phone, email, and SMS
- Master workflows while navigating insurance carrier websites and our proprietary CRM software, and take the wheel when troubleshooting and proposing solutions
- Address customers’ questions about the life insurance buying process to include the application, underwriting, and policy delivery
- Communicate adverse underwriting decisions (impaired risk, postpones, and declines) with empathy and tact and recommend alternative options, if they are available
- Communicate masterfully when working with internal stakeholders and leaving internal notes for your colleagues
Need to have
- Willingness to obtain a life insurance license
- A customer-centered mindset -- motivated by solving problems for customers and your team
- Strong communication and effective listening skills with an attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to provide and receive actionable feedback that will help drive efficiency and best-in-class customer experience
- Honesty and integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to learn and grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
- A high degree of comfort in getting involved in the sales process
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
Nice to have
- 1+ years of client-facing work experience and Bachelor’s degree a plus (relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- Retention sales experience
- A life insurance agent or broker license
Our customer engagement associates typically work Monday through Friday 9am - 6pm shifts in their time zone, with opportunities for flexible shifts and overtime! Saturday shift every 5-6 weeks is also required. We offer bonuses to those who qualify.
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius transforms the insurance journey for today’s consumer, providing a one-stop platform where customers can compare options from top insurance companies, get unbiased expert advice, buy policies, and manage their insurance portfolio, all in one seamless, integrated experience. Since 2014, our content, digital tools, and experts have served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journey, and we have sold more than $120 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, which brought our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Even with our rapid growth, we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!