As the global leader in Content Intelligence, Knotch’s mission is to empower brands to unlock the true value of their content by using data-driven strategies. With the Knotch Content Intelligence Platform, companies conduct competitive research and measure the performance of their content in real-time. Through our unique ability to provide a 360-degree view of all your content, including paid and owned, Knotch allows companies to connect content to business outcomes to enhance brand, increase ROI and build audiences.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn and learn about us further on our careers site.
The Customer Success Manager Role
As Knotch’s Customer Success Manager, you will be looked upon as a trusted advisor to your clients, leading them to success throughout their partnership with Knotch . You’ll be trusted to be a problem solver and partner to your clients to help them reach their business outcomes through content. Your creativity and analytical skills are key traits that help you succeed and flourish, and will help Knotch scale as a company.
Imagine this...our customer just bought a shiny new toy (Knotch!), and it will be your job, as a Customer Success Manager, to understand their goals and to make certain that our teams are providing them with everything they need to be successful. This role is unique to Knotch. Your day-to-day work in our product increases your self-trust to share your own insights and provide strategic recommendations to our customers and become the content marketing they rely on. This role is not for the data-shy or reporting-averse. If you love data analysis, you'll thrive here! Our team is in need of a self-sufficient manager who can take charge of key accounts and define a vision under the guidance of our VP of Customer Success. The role will not be a people management role to start as it is very hands-on and consultative at its core. If the opportunity sounds intriguing to you, keep reading!
In your first 30 days, you will...
Become familiar with all Knotch teams by receiving extensive training on how the Customer Success team works cross-functionally
Be thoroughly trained on Knotch’s product suite, making your way to become a true product expert
Shadow other CSMs and become familiar with how we work with clients on a day-to-day basis
In your first 60 days, you will
Assist other CSMs on daily work to become more confident on the responsibilities of a CSM
Shadow sales presentations and new client onboarding sessions to understand how we are selling our product and why clients work with Knotch!
Begin account transitions supporting CSMs throughout the transition process for your new accounts
Support other CSMs by assisting in the creation of monthly reports focusing heavily on insights that drive client action
In your first 90 days, you will…
Take full ownership of your book of accounts and begin forming strong relationships with day-to-day clients and key stakeholders
Assist the Account Directors in identifying expansion/upsell opportunities within each account
Build and deliver strategic presentations for your clients in the form of monthly or quarterly reports or Executive Business Reviews (EBRs)
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- Actively build, own and develop relationships with Fortune 100 brands and publishers while managing a variety of projects, product requests, data analysis and troubleshooting on our clients’ behalf. You’ll become the expert in product best practices because you’ll use Knotch’s products yourself every day
- Establish customers’ key objectives and KPI framework for measuring success, deriving meaningful value from the platform, and driving overall customer satisfaction
- Build and deliver customized reports utilizing raw data from Knotch’s products: Measurement and Blueprint. Crunching numbers and reporting back to customers can amount to 70% of your contributions at Knotch!
- Communicate actionable optimization strategies to our customers utilizing data-driven insights you’ve extracted and analyzed through monitoring campaign performance
- Assist the Accounts team in increasing customer retention, and identifying growth opportunities
- Become a product expert and trusted advisor to customers scoping campaign and content strategy plans
- Facilitate successful integrations and onboarding with customers, alongside our product and technical integration teams
- Partner closely with your Customer Success, Account Director, Product, and Sales teams to drive platform innovation, develop internal workflows and provide strategic automation and optimization recommendations, in turn growing the entire Knotch team
You’ll be successful here if you
- Bring deep data & analytics experience (because we crunch numbers and find insights daily!)
- Have at least 2 years of extensive account management and/or client success experience at a software company
- Can improve client health by driving product adoption
- Can prove your healthy track record of helping to grow and scale/expand accounts
- Harness an appreciation for finding a balance between the needs of a client and that of the business you support
- Are relentless and adaptable amidst oft-changing priorities
- Exhibit a calm demeanor under pressure, and prove your trustworthiness through meeting deadlines
- Are adept at utilizing the many features of Excel or Google Sheets to analyze data and present insights
We also appreciate (but don’t require)
- Background in a marketing/advertising technology or an advertising agency environment (this experience is helpful because you’d have the exposure to similar work, terminology, contacts, and material that we encounter here at Knotch).
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.