Customer Success Manager (US Army) at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're self-motivated and self-directed with a passion for building and maintaining relationships with customers, fully understanding their needs, and advocating on their behalf. You understand your customers’ strategic objectives and help them achieve success as an expert on Dataminr’s First Alert product. You are knowledgeable of major trends and events impacting US national security, publicly available information, and big data and can translate these into actionable insights for your customers.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will drive First Alert product adoption, renewal, and usage among First Alert customers, as well as build a strategy to foster account growth. You are excited to combine your interests in technology, government, national security, and customer success to transform the way our customers adopt and use First Alert.
- Expand the scope and scale of First Alert adoption, while driving successful customer outcomes within your assigned portfolio
- Collaborate with Client Engagement Executives to develop and execute short and long term strategies for your assigned portfolio to meet business goals
- Help build and improve scalable systems to support and engage customers throughout the customer lifecycle
- Design and implement scalable programs that seamlessly integrate First Alert into customer workflows, and align with customer’s enterprise level objectives
- Partner with and lead Customer Success Associates to drive product adoption, renewal, and customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain relationships across your account portfolio through capability briefings, product demonstrations, trainings, and execution of playbooks / regular check-ins
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer being well-versed in best practices, customer mission areas, and customer needs for optimal performance throughout the customer lifecycle
- Serve as a First Alert platform expert ensuring customer engagements support organizational goals and drive positive outcomes for the customer beyond basic platform features and functionality
- Collect customer feedback and clearly articulate recommendations for First Alert product development to our engineering and product teams
- Successfully leverage data-driven metrics and reporting to understand and stay ahead of risks and opportunities that impact retention and growth
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in a related field
- 5-7 years of customer success/account management experience OR experience implementing and leading military, accounts, programs, or operations supporting senior military leaders
- Software/SaaS and people management experience are a plus
- Specific experience supporting the public sector, including but not limited to the US Department of Defense. US Army experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience with publicly available information and the real-time alerting needs of public sector organizations, including but not limited to military, law enforcement or emergency management
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on communicating both orally and in writing with senior military leaders and decision makers
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical and non-technical customers
- High level of accountability and the ability to execute independently on multiple and competing projects and deadlines
- Ability to think on your feet, work through ambiguity, and problem solve in real-time
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively with a team
- Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain a Secret clearance at a minimum
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.