Teachable’s mission is to “empower Creators to monetize their expertise.” Our online platform enables individuals and small businesses (our “Creators”) to build, host and sell online courses and coaching. (Examples of our Creators and their offerings can be found here,here andhere.) We generate revenue in two ways: (1) from monthly or annual subscription fees (SaaS) paid to us by our Creators for access to the platform; and (2) from transaction fees calculated as a percent of the value of courses and services sold by Creators through our platform. We currently support over 40,000 Creators who have collectively sold over $1 billion in courses and coaching on Teachable. Our Sales and Customer Success team works to grow the number of successful creators on Teachable.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager (Scale) to help develop programming and playbooks that can be used at scale for our creators to get the most value out of the Teachable product. You would be responsible for developing programming/resources, strategic customer insights, and collaborating with Marketing and Product teams to run programs that deliver value to many customers at once.
This is a critical and exciting new role at Teachable, where you will develop and execute tactics and processes that will grow creator GMV (gross merchandise value, or their total sales), upsell creators to higher plans, and increase creator retention across the platform.
This role reports into our Senior Manager of Customer Success.
- Design and execute large-scale programming on a weekly and monthly basis for our creators, in collaboration with Onboarding Specialists, other Customer Success Managers, and the Marketing and Product teams
- Leverage tools and technology to deliver value to multiple accounts at once through 1:many programs, such as creating webinars/workshops, custom trainings, email campaigns, new collateral, community mentorship, and hosting office hours
- Partner with Sales Reps, other Customer Success Managers, Marketing and Product teams on site-wide upsell and expansion opportunities
- Develop a trusted relationship with creators where your deep expertise about the Teachable product and creator online business industry knowledge are sought after, ultimately increasing creator retention and loyalty
- Proactively identify customers who aren’t maximizing their opportunity with Teachable and reach out to create an action plan to help them achieve success
- Identify opportunities for creators to expand their offerings and use more features that will improve the quality of the creator’s end product, improve the creator’s student experience, and increase the creator’s GMV
- Synthesize incoming customer feedback and insights that can be used to develop additional resources and education opportunities for Teachable creators
- Experiment with new tactics, playbooks, and strategies to improve the team’s process and outcomes, and iterate and adapt as we grow
- Represent voice of the customer and influence product development roadmap, offering deep and first hand understanding of the customer’s experience in working with our product and services for our internal teams
- 2-5+ years relevant experience in a Customer Success, or equivalent, role for a SaaS business
- You have a track record of success in your current Customer Success, Account Management, Sales Development, or Marketing role
- You have a record of building successful Customer Success playbooks or processes that involve cross-functional collaborations with multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude, and comfortable in a sales environment, including presenting in webinars.
- Exceptional customer focus with a record of working with a sizeable account lists or customers at scale in a post-sales/customer retention environment
- Inherent sales and marketing skills as well as a deep interest in the online and creator economy
- A strong understanding about what makes online businesses succeed will be necessary in order to help our customers experience impactful moments as quickly as possible
- Collaborative, solutions oriented, and comfortable with operating in an ambiguous environment and high growth business
- You've got strong technical chops, or direct experience using Teachable
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.