Deal Desk Analyst at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who You Are:
As a Deal Desk Analyst at Dataminr, you’ll be at the forefront of the company’s growth efforts working in close partnership with our Sales organization in the construct, review, approval and negotiation of business opportunities. In addition to this, you will also act as the coordinator between the Sales team and all other corporate functions as business opportunities are evaluated, negotiated and closed. Finally, you’ll develop relationships at all levels and across the entire company in support of your deal function.
- Educate Sales teams on changes in processes, policies, and best practices to improve performance and release Sales capacity to core Sales activities
- Responsible for ensuring that Sales and contract data is accurate in SFDC and other systems, partnering with cross-functional teams to reconcile downstream processes and Reporting
- Actively participate in deal reviews with prospects, sales teams, and management
- Serve as an escalation point when needed to help move deals forward
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Work as the primary liaison between multiple groups, such as revenue, sales ops, legal, pricing, to help facilitate the deal process
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements; assist or drive implementation
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales team
- Manage all approvals on non-standard terms
- Partner with sales / legal / finance to project manage and resolve complex contract issues and develop solutions in compliance with business practices and policies
- Utilize SFDC CPQ, ensuring Quotes and Order Forms are approved within pricing and discount policies
- User acceptance testing when new products or policies are rolled out
- 3-5 years of experience in a deal desk, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role
- Software/SaaS industry experience
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, and Google Sheets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Salesforce CPQ tool experience
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periods
- Result driven and organized, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.