Deal Desk Analyst at Sisense
DRIVE DEAL AND OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY ACROSS SISENSE GO TO MARKET TEAMS
You will be the primary owner of efficient execution of our quote-to-cash operations and the main point of contact for our global Sales and Customer Success teams in support of quote generation and quote adherence/compliance to sales and business policies.
As a member of this dynamic team, you will have the opportunity to support operational change and innovation within the organization, and play a key role in developing strategic process improvements to support the business. We’re looking for a special individual who has a demonstrated ability to assess and learn quickly, pick up new concepts, and develop processes per business needs.
Why you should join our team
As a member of the broader Revenue Ops team, you will also have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to Sisense’s business from many angles, from analysis of the business to the standardization of policies and systems to scale operations. You will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally across many different teams at Sisense during a time of exciting business transformation and growth.
This role reports to our Director of Revenue Operations who brings operational experience and has grown in her career in companies both large and small. She brings a wealth of knowledge around go-to-market operations and understands what’s required to drive productivity and efficiency across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Finance.
This role sits within our Business Operations team. Our VP of Business Operations has built Revenue Operations teams from the ground up and has a track-record of leading high-performing teams and driving business transformation in a number of industries, including software companies like Sisense.
How you’ll ramp
By Day 30
- You’ll develop a basic understanding of our Go-To-Market Strategy, Sales Process, and Revenue Streams
- Developed a basic understanding of the Deal Desk function and key stakeholders (Sales, CS, Legal, Finance)
- You’ll have a basic understanding of our sales tech stacks: Salesforce (SFDC), Configure Price Quote (CPQ) and other prospecting tools, including key fields, processes and reports
- You’ll have a basic understanding of deal requirements and company policies including non-standard processes and procedures
- You’ll calculate basic business KPIs
By Day 60
- You’ll ensure deals are structured and processed efficiently and align with company policies
- You’ll review and verify incoming deals for accuracy, including but not limited to: confirming contract terms, product accuracy, contact and billing information, pricing, business policies, and existing legal agreements/pre-existing terms
- You’ll manage a queue of incoming requests from the internal organization and provide timely responses with the intent to provide support while also training the requester
- You’ll help monitor Salesforce data quality and run cleanup projects as necessary to ensure data integrity
By Day 90
- You’ll work closely with Sales, Finance, and Legal teams on all non-standard deals and assist in non-standard quote creation
- You’ll work with Legal to update contract templates to ensure alignment with the business
- You’ll manage training and support documentation that outlines the Deal Desk quality control process and requirements
- You’ll assist the Business Operations team with process improvements, handle ad-hoc projects, sales training and other team enablement needs
- You’ll provide strategic guidance to the Business Systems team to assist in streamlining departmental workflows and processes
- You’ll identify deal trends and drive efforts to categorize historical contracting and deal structuring trends based on sales segment or industry vertical
- You’ll identify and make recommendations for process improvements and assist or drive implementation
What you’ve accomplished so far
- You’ve reviewed deal structure, products, financials, pricing, sales contracts, and helped minimize business risks in the sales process
- You’ve become proficient in Salesforce and Excel to ensure all revenue related data is accurately captured in a timely manner
- You’ve become an SME in your company’s product portfolio
- You’ve partnered with cross-functional teams to resolve revenue recognition matters and issues
- You’ve managed competing priorities and delivered impactful results for your stakeholders
- You’ve provided creative deal options to Sales/Customer Success teams throughout the negotiation process to help move the deal to closure while adhering to company policy
- You have a high sense of urgency