Deal Desk Manager
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software, turning process insights into action with The Celonis Intelligent Business Cloud, built on the process mining technology it pioneered. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Companies around the world including Siemens, L’Oreal, Uber, 3M, and BMW rely on Celonis technology to guide action and drive change to business processes, resulting in millions of dollars saved and an improved experience for their customers. Headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, New York, Celonis has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Valuated at over $1Billion, Celonis received $27.6M Series A in June 2016 and $50M Series B funding in June 2018 from investors Accel and 83 North. Since opening its US headquarters in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue. In addition to its offices in the UK, Netherlands, and Japan, Celonis is expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, Ann Arbor, as well as Latin America.
Celonis is looking for a Deal Desk Manager to join our growing Global Operations team in New York. This role will be responsible for partnering as a trusted advisor with the sales, legal, and finance teams, as well as with Senior Management throughout the deal process. The Deal Desk Manager will be responsible for leading the contracting process and facilitating communication between all the teams involved in order to ensure that deals are in line with Celonis standards.
- 3-7 years as a business operation, contracts, deal desk, or sales operations analyst
- Deep understanding of contractual basics
- Basic familiarity with standard legal terms
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme patience, especially when dealing with sales reps and managers (just kidding)
- Own the opportunity and contracting process for all deals
- Provide strategic insight into deal structuring, pricing, and contract negotiations
- Develop best practices for the deal process, from how to facilitate approvals to how to accelerate the contract and negotiation process
- Act as a strategic partner for the sales team to ensure they are enabled on our selling best practices, pricing structure, and deal closing process
- Be an advocate for Celonis’s best interests throughout deal cycles
- Act as the main point of contact between sales and other departments to ensure communication is seamless for deals
- Partner with Legal, Finance, and Sales Operations to deliver additional automation and efficiency to the existing contracts
- Throughout every deal, ensure that:
- Financial terms are aligned to company standards
- Commercial terms are aligned to the customer’s expectations as well as to Celonis’s standards
- Review and verify discrepancies in contracts and resolve issues with the sales and/or legal team
- Act as the final approver for all revenue contracts before they are accepted by the Company
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.