Deal Desk/Sales Operations Manager at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for an experienced Deal Desk Manager to support the Quote to Order processes for our Enterprise Product offerings. Our Deal Desk acts as an escalation point on deal exceptions, more difficult structuring issues and global deal desk coordination. In this role, you will manage deals through the deal review process to ensure quality assurance, business, operational and SLA compliance as well as optimal deal structure and pricing response.
You will be based in our NYC headquarters and report to our Director of Revenue Operations.
- Review incoming deals for completeness and accuracy, including, but not limited to: contractual terms, billing information, pricing, product and legal terms to ensure negotiated deals are consistent with Company policy
- Serve as the trusted adviser to Enterprise Team on all renewal deal related matters, advise the team on alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
- Provide input, guidance and approval on deal structure; support sales in analyzing complex deals and ensuring adherence to revenue recognition policies
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with customers on behalf of the Enterprise team and the business. Drive approval from internal, cross-functional stakeholders for non-standard terms and conditions
- Partner with the legal team and finance/revenue recognition team in contract negotiations with the goal of limiting financial risk and exposure to the business
- Orchestrate deal flow and hold weekly meetings to review all new submitted deals.
- Create and maintain a global approval matrix to support all deal approval level requirements
- Ensure that Salesforce CRM information and other relevant sources are up-to-date and generate reports as needed
- 7-10 years of sales operations and deal desk experience in a software/services company
- Understanding of accounting standards and revenue recognition; working knowledge of (ASC)606 a plus
- Strong negotiation skills to effectively facilitate decisions and achieve favorable outcomes
- Experience in complex deal structuring
- Strong background in Salesforce.com (or CRM), and CPQ experience specific to analytics, training, and adoption
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.