Delivery Infrastructure Architect Principal at Thoughtworks
Are you a cloud native, enterprise level, problem-solver?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
As Delivery Infrastructure Architect, you will work with our clients to help them architect their solution thereby translating a joint vision for their delivery infrastructure and a roadmap to implement that vision.
You’ll foster an environment that empowers teams, harvests it for building the DI/Cloud practice and will pursue the development of your team members at a technical level, setting everyone up to deliver their best work. You'll be drawing on all of your passion for technology, hands-on coding experience and knowledge of latest tech and industry trends to help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You are able to champion and drive the architecture and execution for major technology-led initiatives that are transformational for businesses operating in large and complex environments, ensuring alignment and bringing people along
- You understand technology is at the core of every business and realize its transformative power to break through traditional enterprise models.
- You will be driving platform-building projects that are value-focused and treat the developer as a customer to be served.
- You can bring in ideas that will help custom software development and foster an environment that enables co-creation teams to do their best work.
- Passionate about building a world class Delivery Infrastructure and Cloud practice that is highly collaborative and openly shares to make Thoughtworks and the overall industry function better
- You have experience leading, managing and inspiring multiple large teams.
- You understand the business context and challenges that organizations face and use this understanding to deliver robust, scalable, flexible, and relevant infrastructure solutions.
- You value engineering craftsmanship based on your prior experience of rolling up the sleeves and doing whatever is needed to solve the technical challenges the way the customer would realize the value.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- In depth knowledge of cloud architecture including expertise on one of the big 3 public cloud providers.
- Experience using tools and approaches to support secure, resilient, and scalable architectures such as Cloud Native Architecture principles.
- Experience with Platform as a Service, including commercial offerings and the components necessary to implement containerized workloads including platforms that orchestrate microservices.
- In depth experience of Infrastructure as a Service /Infrastructure as Code tools and frameworks for private and public cloud architectures.
- Deep knowledge of Continuous Delivery practices and tooling
- Prior experience doing TDD and ODD for infrastructure code as well as monitoring, logging and alerting in an agile environment that used modern release management practices
- Thorough basic understanding of cloud networking (including SDN), firewalls, DNS, and storage.
- Experience of crafting identity and authorization architecture and building them
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.