Director, Account Management at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced sales leader with a passion for building, motivating, and developing high-performing teams that exceed their targets. You have proven experience building and implementing business plans to ensure revenue retention and expansion. You also have experience with specific sales methodologies and are excited about embracing the Miller Heiman sales process.
You understand the importance of building a strong sales culture. You have experience coaching your team on navigating complex deals, and you lead by example. You know what it takes to lead and grow a high-performing sales team.
As Director, Account Management, you'll report to the SVP of the Account Management team and be responsible for managing, motivating, and developing a team of US-based account managers. You'll be accountable for your team's net retention and expansion targets while focusing on building and managing client relationships across a rapidly-growing customer base.
- Partner with SVP of the Account Management team to develop and execute on plan to build strong client relationships and drive net revenue retention and growth across sales segments
- Drive sales results and consistently exceed sales targets by specializing in transforming customer needs and feedback into compelling value propositions
- Lead, motivate, and develop a team of Account Managers with a focus on building a team culture that promotes engagement, performance, teamwork, accountability, and fun
- Build and ensure rigor and measurement around account management processes and sales methodology (e.g. Miller Heiman)
- Collaborate with VP Customer Success to ensure team alignment and that shared strategies are implemented to deliver customer value
- Assign accounts to sellers while optimizing the match between client needs, existing productive relationships, bandwidth, geographic location, and skills
- Establish territory-specific plans of action through one-on-one sessions with sellers (e.g. who to target, weekly call activity, required sales behavior, etc.)
- Meet frequently with sellers to review sales productivity, selling behavior, progress-to-plan and sales pipeline accuracy, making any necessary adjustments and providing ongoing coaching and support
- Identify new opportunities for revenue growth within the larger organization as well as referrals from client stakeholders and client executives
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Success team to ensure successful value delivery across a rapidly and ever-growing set of clients
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS account management experience, preferably in fast-paced, technology-driven environments
- 5+ years of sales leadership experience with demonstrated quota achievement and territory growth
- Experience managing sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to attract, identify, hire, and retain top talent
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with sales technology and tools e.g. Google Suite, Salesforce CRM, Clari, etc.
- Post COVID-19, ability to be in the field in support of a nationally-dispersed sales team and client list, might include up to 40% travel including some overnight travel
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.