At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As the Director of Account Management, you will be a vital part of the leadership team for Justworks' broader Customer Success organization. In this role, you will lead Justworks' Account Management function and be responsible for bringing a customer success- minded vision and approach to leading this critical, customer-facing team. This position plays a key role in driving customer happiness, goals, product utilization, cross functional collaboration, and revenue expansion across the business.
You will oversee and lead an 90-person organization that is responsible for servicing customer admin inquiries, driving successful adoption, ensuring value realization and growing a portfolio of Justworks's customers across the country. You will focus primarily on driving success within our named account segment, through mentoring and planning for a team of Account Managers. Another key part of this role is ensuring that the Account Management team is a best-in-class servicing organization through partnership with key stakeholders, including our customers, to ensure viable and value-adding services to the business. You will report directly to the VP of Customer Success.
- Lead, expand and mentor the Account Management team by setting the strategy, prioritizing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), as well as hiring, training and developing a world-class team
- Drive customer lifetime value by helping to define the customer journey and deploying programs to help drive business value with customers, customer goal achievement and new features
- Work cross functionally with peers across the company to collaborate and ensure that your team has what they need to be successful
- Represent the voice of the customer and influence internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across the organization
- Partner closely with the sales teams to engage with leaders at existing customers to define goals and leverage our products and services to achieve them
- Display a high level of professionalism and compassion when working with employees and customers
- Perform other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
As a Director of Account Management, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking Responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-Oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You're an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You're curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You're committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You're honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience, ideally in customer success, account management, customer support, professional services or related fields
- Minimum of 8 years of people management experience building and managing large (100+ employees) customer-facing teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working with complex products and communicating complicated ideas and processes in an easy to understand way
- Ability to architect success delivery models that align with current customer segments, deliver customer value and scale with growth projections
- Comfortable advocating for customers with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers
- Approach decision making with a data-driven mindset to experiment and iterate
- Passionate about our Customer Success team identity of being Humans, Owners, Optimists and Experts, and our approach of service excellence
- Aligned with Justworks' mission and share our core values: Camaraderie, Openness, Grit, Integrity and Simplicity
- Experience in tech/SaaS a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment