Director of Acquisitions - Sales Development
REZI is a rapidly growing & diverse company with the mission of revolutionizing the rental experience. Renting has always been an expensive and inconvenient process for Tenants and time-consuming and uncertain for Landlords. Technology companies hadn’t moved the needle in solving these key problems – until REZI.
REZI’s proprietary technology has transformed both the way tenants and Landlords rent apartments. Founded in 2016, REZI was selected to join the prestigious Y-Combinator in the winter of 2017. Since then, REZI has been backed by some of the most prominent venture capital institutions in the country, igniting the conversation around Renting Better and has been recognized by national publications such as Crain’s, TechCrunch, Inman and The New York Times.
As a Company, we ask all members of the REZI team to embrace our 5 Values:
- Be a Craftsperson. Be aspirational. Go beyond the minimum requirements of any task and attempt to do your best work – always
- Be an Owner. Anticipate the unexpected. Take risks. Own your results, not your intentions. Be accountable for any outcome and use wins and losses as opportunities for growth
- Be Raw. Be radically honest. Be open. Over communicate. Be completely transparent and empathetic to others’ points of view.
- Disagree, But Commit. Debate vigorously, but without ego. Once a path is chosen, commit to making the effort successful. Win as a team, not as an individual
- Solve THE Problem. Go beyond the surface. Understand the root cause of any problem and start there; Be comprehensive in your solutions; Don’t treat, cure
Director of Acquisitions
We are an inspired, curious, results-oriented, and intense team of professionals building a venture-backed company that will be a disruptor for years to come. As a member of this early stage team, you’ll play a material role in defining our value and shaping our future. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to the development of a team that will be at the forefront of revolutionizing a $500B per year industry.
The Director of Acquisitions is a key player for REZI charged with selling REZI’s upfront leasing platform product to multifamily and single-family real estate owner/operators in New York. We are looking for someone who has experience in Institutional or enterprise sales expertise, working with sales cycles of 90 days or more.
Specifically, directors in this role will:
- Drive portfolio growth on a quarterly basis by engaging owner/operators (landlords and management companies) of multifamily buildings to close long-term leases on units and buildings
- Partner with the research and analytics team to structure attractive offerings and solutions for Landlord clients
- Collaborate with Acquisitions Associates to implement repeatable, highly process-oriented strategies to drive top-of-the-funnel leads
- Work hand in hand with the Real Estate Operations team to create impactful and compelling leasing solutions to drive long-term relationships and amplified revenue return
- Be responsible for maintaining existing client relationships and developing additional clients at material scale focused on landlords and management companies
- Work with the research and analytics team to methodically assess the risk of the company’s portfolio and price the incoming regional pipeline accordingly
Success in this role will be defined by the regions’ continued growth, at pace, within the company’s leased portfolio, while maintaining the quality and experience of all stakeholders to the REZI experience.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidates most likely to gain traction in this role will possess the following attributes: competitively driven, display continual integrity, be resourceful and creative, possess an analytical orientation, and most importantly be self aware, coachable and show humility.
- Demonstrated success with proactive outbound sales efforts (not passive/inbound sales) meeting and/or exceeding sales plan targets through the sales cycle. Industry backgrounds of relevance may include but are not limited to multifamily leasing/sales brokerage or Investments
- Strong sales, P&L and acquisition orientation with a demonstrable ability to cultivate and build relationships, pipelines and networks proactively and opportunistically focused on multifamily landlords. This is required over skills and experience centered on passive/inbound sales.
- Excellent research and investigative skills to drive top-of-funnel lead generation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal), leveraging case specific tools and resources
- Creative structuring skills applied to complex financial problem sets
- Strong data management skills used to track the progress of sales transactions including the use of internal and external CRMs
REZI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact [email protected] We are committed to diversity in all forms and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. At REZI, we view diversity as a competitive differentiator and a strategic imperative.