Director of Auto Sales
letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Director of Auto Sales is a team builder, visionary, and sales leader whose mission is to make letgo the preferred platform for automotive dealers to list their inventory. You will work directly with automotive dealerships to understand their unique needs and pain points, partner with our product and monetization teams to create the ideal solution for them, and ultimately facilitate dealers listing their inventory on letgo.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Be a player-coach, with a heavy emphasis on ‘player’ in the initial stages of the role
- Create a go-to-market strategy and build relationships with automotive dealers across the US
- Deliver letgo’s value proposition to automotive dealers, directly closing deals on a daily/weekly basis
- Collaborate with the product and monetization teams to develop the ideal platform for automotive dealers
- Establish KPIs to measure performance and support your team and to achieve their goals
- Manage and track a sales pipeline via awareness campaigns and programs
- Grow, lead, and inspire a distributed sales team, and develop training programs to set them up for success
To get there, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience delivering results individually and managing successful sales teams in the automotive space
- Proven record of achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Extensive understanding of the marketing mix and its role in the automotive industry, classifieds, and online advertising
- Experience with technology solutions (such as Salesforce CRM) for driving sales
- Comfort in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment (preferably in a startup), with minimal guidance
- Expansive network of auto dealer clients you have sold solutions to in the past, with a preferred emphasis on the Independent dealer space
- Experience with B2C based partnerships
- Strong leadership skills and passion for developing people
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.