Founded in 2015, Even Financial, a NYC based FinTech company, is the leading search, comparison and recommendation engine for financial services. Leveraging Big Data and Machine Learning, Even partners with the top financial institutions and channel partners (e.g. TransUnion, The Penny Hoarder, MoneyUnder30, Empower, Tally) to surface the richest, most comprehensive list of personalized financial services for consumers (including loans, life insurance, credit cards, deposits and more), utilizing its robust yet simple API. Even is proven to lower the cost of acquisition, improve monetization, monitor compliance and deliver transparency at scale.
The Even platform serves as a trusted intermediary for financial institutions – including Prosper, LendingClub, and Marcus by Goldman Sachs – that finds consumers through its vast network of channel partners and distributes their products digitally.
Already experiencing double-digit revenue growth, there is an enormous opportunity to further accelerate performance, scaling our consumer-facing network by bringing new, best-in-class solutions to partners in untapped greenfield sectors. To do so, we’re building a Business Development team of the best and brightest who are entrepreneurial, accomplished, and highly self-motivated. The ideal candidate will have proven success understanding partner needs, then crafting, positioning and customizing solutions, and finally negotiating and closing deals. You must be proactive, driven and resilient through long sales cycles, an excellent communicator with executive presence, and comfortable working both independently to source and advance new partners, as well as part of a team to ensure long-term success for your accounts. You will profile and develop relationships with senior-level decision makers to structure and execute new partnerships that address customer needs while generating revenue for Even Financial and your partners.
- Identify, negotiate, and close new partnership opportunities across a range of greenfield consumer-facing sectors
- Utilize a consultative approach to evaluate new business opportunities, deal-sizing, analyze competitors, recommend strategies, and lead proposal/face-to-face negotiations to win new business
- Maintain a strong cadence of networking, contacting and engaging prospects via warm intros as well as cold outreach, effectively communicating Even’s value proposition
- Follow through with all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial prospecting, managing internal communication, reviewing deal terms, to contract execution
- Consistently deliver superior customer service to partners, and be seen as a trusted thought partner
- Provide timely guidance and forecasting to leadership on all pipeline sales opportunities
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations, reports and pricing proposals
- Attend industry trade shows and visit clients in order to uncover opportunities and strengthen relationships
- 5+ years of business development or closely related experience, ideally in fintech, payments partnerships, co-brand card acquisition, adtech or related fields
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline with a track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Consultative approach to selling, with an ability to understand a partner’s needs and develop solutions
- Experience negotiating contract terms and closing deals
- High-degree of professional presence
- Tech savvy with ability to be conversant in how our technology can be integrated both for user experience, and high-level data flows
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about partner relationships
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce or similar applications
- Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and marketing leaders a plus
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Comprehensive medical/dental/vision packages + life and disability insurance
401K retirement plans
Company paid holidays
Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.