Director, Business Development
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about developing win-win partnerships and strategic alliances that drive revenue growth and market expansion.
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Business Development to serve as a key member of our Go-To Market Team. This Director will be responsible for the development, expansion, and management of new and existing DigitalOcean partnerships. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this highly accomplished Director will work closely with company leadership and other key stakeholders to create programs and initiatives to increase market share, drive revenue growth, and add value to our customers, partners and to DigitalOcean.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Owning and driving DO’s Business Development vision and strategy.
- Establishing collaboration or integration partnerships with leading developer focused brands.
- Developing a strategy and building channel partnerships in order to increase reach and acquisition of developers and SMB’s globally.
- Executing direct to use strategies to drive targeted logo adoption and migrations of top competitor customers over to DigitalOcean.
- Executing other strategic partnership programs in collaboration with other internal teams to drive key results.
- Driving effective incentive programs to maximize longer term impact of strategic partnerships.
- Working closely with product, marketing, legal, sales and engineering teams to ensure internal alignment in strategy and priority of strategic partnership opportunities.
- Internal partnering to ensure effective handover and and continuity for resulting key customers.
- Building out our first BD team by hiring, mentoring, and developing an extraordinary partnerships team.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- A track record of developing creative solutions to solve complex problems while hitting bold targets. You take ownership and accountability for delivering on goals.
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing successful large-scale and complex technology, services, channel and marketing partnerships
- Experience working within highly collaborative teams. Must work openly and closely with a global team and across all functional areas in the company.
- Strong analytical ability with a focus on always seeking a better solution, and nimble while tackling complex issues
- Comfort with product and technical discussions around productivity, security, and compliance solutions.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, and often ambiguous environment with multiple partners.
- Strong financial and business case modeling skills.
- Ability to influence across an organization.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- An MBA is preferred but not required
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.