Director of Business Development at Tipico
Tipico is expanding its operations in the US and we would like you to become a part of our success team.
We are Tipico, the biggest sports-betting operator in Germany and we have opened our first US office in Hoboken, NJ. Our goal is to amplify the emotions of millions of people experiencing sports every day. We are driven by our core values passion, progress and trust to secure the best possible product for our users.
Does building business relationships and strategic partnerships interest you? Are you constantly looking to network and grow meaningful business relationships? Do you believe you already have a large network of contacts in the sports betting, i-gaming/casino industry that will add value to the growth of our company? Does the prospect of being in a growing startup, the rush of leading the expansion strategy in different states and expanding our online customer base in the US market for an up and coming sports betting company excite you?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for someone who will be instrumental in growth strategy of our organization throughout the US. Someone who will monitor all competitors, regulatory landscape and marketing landscape as well as understand Tipico’s methodology, technology and value. An individual who will find valuable partnerships that we can leverage to strengthen our strategy and approach into the US market. Someone who wants to develop their role at our company and make it their own in the sports betting industry. We want innovators, we want doers!
We are looking for someone who will take over business development for Tipico US and create a strong presence in the sports betting and i-gaming industry through a continuous network of new leads that will allow Tipico to grow nationally into multiple states. Someone who excels in negotiation at all stages and is able to manage the business development process by maintaining up to date relevant business opportunities related to markets, marketing and tech to elevate our product landscape, brand and/or customer base.
The Director of Business Development will be report directly to the Managing Director and work together with the rest of the management team and business operations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for new customer opportunities in the sports betting and gambling industry, helping to grow our expansion in the US and our customer base. You must have strong prospecting and strong relationship building skills. You must be an independent self-starter and have very strong communication, writing, presentation, and follow up skills. You also must be able to do the following:
- Develop and execute short term and long-term US business development strategies.
- Identify, develop, and implement new business opportunities that grow our brand, markets, and customer base. Follow-through the process including deals and negotiation.
- Create an ecosystem of new opportunities and prospects for Tipico.
- Develop, maintain, and secure relationships with strategic partners outside of the organization.
- Function as a consultative spokesman; accurately conveying the organization’s products and services to potential partners.
- Examine leads and strategically asses the opportunity through an analytical data driven approach.
- Be involved in the tech roadmaps and product strategy to push through outside perspective and future M&A strategic needs.
- Effectively use the company’s brand, values, strategy, and key product strengths to successfully engage new business opportunities.
- Create a business development function including process, procedures and technology to keep track of all leads activity, market development and growth and reporting. Everything that is essential to run the department.
- Support the Managing Director in forecasting, growth plans, strategic presentations including everything that is needed to push the strategy internally and to shareholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, or related field; Master's degree is beneficial but not necessary.
- 5-7 years of sales responsibilities, marketing, or direct business development experience in an online environment.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills including presentation, persuasion, relationship management, timing, tact and negotiating skills.
- Ability to build from scratch, the growth strategy and business development unit for the US.
- A reputable current book of contacts containing successful personal business to business relationships of strategic value.
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to think strategically, as well as execute at a tactical level with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research as well as the capacity to produce and analyze data in order to draw conclusions by staying up-to-date with trends.
- Extensive online Sports betting, casino, fantasy industry experience
- Travel as needed to fulfil this role.
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- Be part of the first in the new and upcoming USA online sportsbetting market
- Work in a new and young business with high potential and growth
- Build your own success story together with us
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by the group. Leading European sports betting house, this is a high-volume business and working
- Self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Medical, Optical, Dental Health Benefits