We believe shared knowledge has the power to create a better world. We’re on a mission to enable others to share what they know and monetize their knowledge. Through thoughtful tools and resources, we help transform expertise and know-how into thriving online businesses.
We seek a Director of Business Development who will evaluate, build, and develop commercial partnership opportunities at Teachable. The ideal candidate thinks strategically, has strong financial acumen, and drives results. This individual will have passion and energy for the creator economy and is highly skilled at building cross-functional teams and buy-in. Working collaboratively, thoughtfully, and having sound decision judgment will be their trademarks.
Over the past 7 years, Teachable has built a loyal and ever-growing user base. This position is an integral part of helping us maintain a competitive advantage while continuing to enhance the Teachable ecosystem for our users and their customers. The role will involve both hands-on contributions as well as long-term strategic thinking and execution. Initially, the role will be an individual contributor position but is expected to grow into a managerial position over time. The Director of Business Development will report directly to the VP of Sales and Operations.
- Lay the foundation of business development at Teachable as the first team member in what is a critical component of our product and company vision
- Develop commercial distribution and partnership strategies in the creator space to accelerate our acquisition efforts
- Revamp and build our “experts” program, creating a mutualistic ecosystem between our acquisition efforts, success strategies, customers and external platform experts
- Work closely with our Product organization to envision and build business partnerships with symbiotic tools and technologies, with our Marketing and Sales organization to develop assets and campaigns, and inform channel strategies, and with our Legal team on partnerships and contracting
- Work closely with our Legal and FP&A teams to create beneficial partnerships with third parties while ensuring that our legal and financial interests remain intact.
- Have a pulse on the creator economy, informing our overall company and product strategy and helping us keep and build a competitive edge
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in business development in a creator centric business, preferably in SMB and SaaS or ecommerce
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and relationship building skills in a quickly changing environment
- A creative and entrepreneurial mindset, and an ability to create breakthrough strategies to further our commercial goals
- Proven success in building business development programs that measurably impact company KPIs and goals
- Ability to flex as a strategist and individual contributor to build new and revamp existing business development efforts and close deals - including comfort with structuring and negotiating commercial terms
- Ability to create partnerships with tiny and huge entities and everything in between—from creator solopreneurs to huge tech decacorns
- A compelling and persuasive communicator across all communication forms
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least January 2021
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.