Director, Client Partnerships - New Verticals
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique and possesses a distinct set of skills, personality and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value and reward shared success over individual heroics.
At <intent>, we have developed a data science solution that is unique, proven and patented. Over the next several years, we will continue expanding our business beyond the Travel industry to companies that care about maximizing their ecommerce potential. This new role requires a person who is an experienced leader in Business Development or Sales.
The ideal candidate is an experienced SAAS seller with expertise in SEM, digital marketing and an overall strong track record in successfully selling ecommerce related solutions. We are looking for an experienced Director, Client Partnerships focused on closing strategic partnerships with ecommerce companies.
We are looking at candidates with deep retail experience in North America. As a Sales Director, you are fiercely motivated and laser focused on the most strategic and high impact partnerships. The expectation is to operate independently, collaborate with your sales leader for strategic direction and to drive immediate revenue.
What You Will Do:
- Strict focus on ecommerce categories and work closely with cross functional teams to understand client adoption and market potential
- Drive the business development process, including identifying and assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with internal stakeholders on pitch materials, structuring deal terms and negotiating and closing partnerships with high impact ecommerce clients
- Ultimately, deliver against our revenue growth targets
- Crisply communicate the differentiated strategic value of our products to executive-level leaders
- Be the eyes and ears of the company in-market to help us to continually improve our strategies and stay abreast of competitors and business opportunities
- Collaborate with partners and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for product innovations
- Work with internal teams to ensure successful implementation and expansion of your signed partnerships
- Develop and maintain strong, multi-dimensional relationships with key stakeholders at current and potential partners as well as across the industry
- 5-10 years of experience in sales, business development or strategic partnerships ideally within e-commerce, SEM, digital marketing or data-driven solutions. Selling to retail companies is a huge plus
- Ability to operate within a start-up, dynamic environment and be a self-starter who can build a successful business and sales plans
- Experience selling to C-level stakeholders and complex businesses, preferably global enterprise accounts within a start up company
- A proven track record of structuring, negotiating and closing complex deal negotiations with multi-million dollar brands
- Stellar executive level written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence others’ points of view
- Hungry, driven and an out-of-the box thinker, with an eye for strategic growth
- Exceptional business judgment
- Love building lasting relationships with brands and partners
- Broad network of relevant ecommerce industry contacts preferred
- Knowledge of SAAS models and online performance media landscape preferred
- Based in NYC and willing to travel ~50% of the time
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued. Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!