Director of Corporate Development at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our dynamic team in the New Jersey office. Working for the Head of Product and Strategy you will be responsible for many aspects of business development at OwnBackup including but not limited to; understanding the market landscape, creating a targeting framework, identifying companies that can fit the framework, creating business scenarios and response plans, leading introductions and discussions to explore and ultimately to acquire or partner, developing business cases (working with the Executive team), driving initial M&A discussions, and helping with due diligence and the integration process post-acquisition. In many situations, you will work closely with our Partner Development team, but will ultimately be responsible for the successful growth of OwnBackup through acquisitions.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Can lead introductory conversations, engage the C-suite, plan and drive peer-level discussions between the CEO and executive teams. Successful at getting the attention of target company executives and leveraging the networks of OB executives.
- Able to construct approaches and strategies to “sell” the idea of a deal to prospective companies.
- At least 3 years in a business development role at a start-up or 6 years as an analyst/associate at a VC firm, banking group or consulting firm.
- A track record of quickly understanding new markets and getting into the details of companies in those markets, including their products.
- Strong communications skills up to the Board level, and a knowledge of when and how to have conversations that focus on the details and when to present a strategic view.
- Fanatical about using data to guide corporate decisions and direction.
- Enjoys researching and building strategies leveraging public information.
- Likes to think strategically and modelling different scenarios based on external factors
- Experience or familiarity with the one or more SaaS ecosystems
- Some financial analysis and modelling experience
- Prior roles in Enterprise Infrastructure companies
- Deep interest in the products we offer and the markets we serve
- *Must* have experience in software transactions
This is a full-time position with an opportunity to be remote for the right candidate supporting OwnBackup's US market.