Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential. Our values include being empowered (take initiative - don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do), empirical (explore and iterate, relying on observation and experience), transparent (be helpful, straightforward and honest with customers and coworkers), and fearless (take bold risks and commit to a solutions-oriented approach).
We are seeking a proven, entrepreneurial and highly motivated Business Development professional with demonstrated success cultivating and closing deals to drive new financial services partnerships.
- Identify, negotiate, and close new partnerships across a range of consumer financial services firms (banks, insurance providers) and verticals (credit cards, savings, insurance, mortgage)
- Utilize a consultative approach to evaluate new business opportunities, deal-sizing, analyze competitors, recommend strategies, and lead proposal/face-to-face negotiations to win new business
- Facilitate all aspects of the sales cycle – from initial prospecting, managing internal communication, reviewing deal terms, to contract execution
- Maintain a strong cadence of networking, contacting and engaging prospects via warm intros as well as cold outreach, effectively communicating Even’s value proposition
- Provide timely guidance and forecasting to leadership on all pipeline sales opportunities
- Work with cross functional teams including Product, Compliance, Engineering, Analytics, and Partner Solutions to identify and engage partners to grow distribution, revenue, and product capabilities
- 5+ years of business development or related experience, ideally in consumer financial services, partnerships, and/or financial services customer acquisition
- Proven track record closing high value deals and exceeding revenue targets
- Consultative approach to selling, with ability to understand partners’ needs
- Experience negotiating contract terms and closing deals
- Data-driven mindset and prior experience analyzing partner ROI/performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and high degree of professional presence
- Highly motivated, driven, and passionate about partner relationships
- Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and marketing leaders a plus
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
· Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass