Director, New Business Development at Harry's Inc.
The Director, New Business Development is the primary strategic leader who will be positioned against opening up new retail partnership opportunities for Harry’s. This role will lead developing the business plan for successfully securing support from all the retailer’s defined within our targeted retail partner list for 2022 and beyond. This key leadership role will own the creation of comprehensive business plans and the selling strategy, open the door for meetings with Sr. Management and Merchant partners, establish our contractual agreements, launch the systems and supply processes to support the business, and build agency partnerships where appropriate. The Director of NBD will also lead a team, including a Sr. Sales Manager, an extern, a Forecast/Sales Analyst; and will partner with strategy and retail marketing. Through comprehensive demand creation strategies and superior sales fundamental execution (distribution, ISM, price and promotion management, merchandising and marketing plans), we expect to significantly broaden our points of distribution, awareness, customer acquisition, and repeat for our comprehensive brand portfolio (both online and in-store). This individual needs to embody the vision that customers are the humans who use our products, and that retail plays a vital role as a partner toward enabling customer discovery and delight for Harry’s products. Our Director should be relied upon from our retail partner’s merchandising, marketing, and supply chain partners’ as a “thought leader” in regards to how our brands play a unique role in driving growth and their revenue and profit objectives.
About the Team
The Retail organization is a critical function that drives Harry's brand strategy and growth with our mass market and specialty retail partners. The Retail organization is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, and omnichannel development.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead Harry’s Inc. brand development plans on behalf of our targeted NBD retail partners, leveraging our internal planning resources and capability – with primary interface with the Sales Strategy and Planning team and our Brand Teams. This will include defining and delivering budgeted sales revenue, category share growth, VCI investments and subsequent gross margin and contribution to EBITDA targets, and supply chain improvement goals.
- Define the relationship and the quality of output from potential agency partners, to include HQ and retail store coverage models.
- Craft initial relationships built upon trust. This includes fostering relationships with Senior-level leadership (including the Divisional VP), driving sales fundamental plans with the merchant leads (Sr. Buyers and Directors), and facilitating account penetration for marketing, supply chain, digital and store operations.
- Build and own a comprehensive JBP plan and scorecard, which encompasses our mutual growth targets and strategic investment areas for Harry’s Inc. an annual planning horizon.
- Manage and own the NBD P&L, including trade investment (VCI) and overall OpEx considerations.
- Ensure we define the process and planning to lead Long Range Planning meetings (where appropriate), to enable 3-year planning horizons and vital input connected to their overall strategic direction.
- Lead the hiring, training and development of top talent for Harry’s Inc – creating a highly collaborative and effective culture that reflects Harry’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Manage a high functioning team (Harry’s and our agency partner) to serve the needs of retail partners and Harry’s at an optimal and mutually defined cost/sales metric.
- Define and lead the necessary business questions and support from data analytics and shopper/consumer insights, to position Harry’s as the thought leader in shave and soft product categories in which we compete.
- Serve as a strong partner and collaborator with the Head of Retail, the Retail Leadership Team, and the Commercial Team – to ensure best practice development and comprehensive go-to-market considerations.
These might describe you
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track-record for exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a general management mindset and selling capabilities.
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Demonstrated track-record of experience and success in delivering top and bottom-line results.
- Experience in CPG marketing, strategy or sales leadership is ideal.
- Curiosity and passion for creating breakthrough moments through coordinated in-store and online merchandising.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brand at retail
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Extremely organized, dependable, and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
Who you will work with
- Internally: Your primary contact starts with the Director, Sales Strategy and Planning. Additionally, you will connect and plan with the Head of Retail, your fellow Retail Team Directors, the Brand GM’s, Demand and Supply Planning, Maker and Design teams, and Finance.
- Externally: You'll work most closely with key retail leadership and buying team members. You will be the primary strategic lead for Harry’s Inc.
- You will report to the Head of Retail at Harry’s.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.