Director, Operations and Insights at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for an analytically minded sales and operations enthusiast to work alongside our Sales and Operations Teams to manage and drive production related performance behavior. The Operations and Insights Director will be aiding in all aspects of the Sales and Operations Team’s incentive programs, including communication, design implementation and administration. The role reports into the Strategy, Operations and Insights team and works closely with the Sales and Operations Leadership team, Finance and HR to ensure effective and scalable designs across Better’s Sales and Operations organization. This role is also responsible for reporting plan effectiveness through performance management. The focus will be driving scalable programming and incentive programs that provide equitable growth across the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the creation, articulation and interpretation of the incentive compensation philosophy that aligns with Better’s values and mission to include plans for Sales and Operations Organizations
- Provide ongoing organizational incentive alignment to ever changing objectives and initiatives across all production teams (US sales / US ops / India ops)
- Key thought partner and change agent across multiple stakeholders including sales, operations, finance, and people ops to ensure best use of budget, behavioral levers, magnitude of impact needed and scalability of solutions
- Deep partnership with Enablement teams to deliver ongoing training and upscaling of the org and focus on overall effectiveness and consistency of production staff
- Provide insight and analysis on performance behavior to functional leaders in order to drive production results
- Deliver insights and recommendations from monthly and quarterly incentive and performance reports
- Drive analysis that directly influences production strategy for incentive programs
- Maintain and continually evaluate the effectiveness of incentive programs for the sales and operations team, suggest data-driven improvements when applicable
- 7-10 years experience in a heavily analytical environment - either professionally or in a high calibre academic setting, preferably in sales operations / sales finance / sales compensation specifically.
- 4-6 years leading a team
- You have SQL and Looker/LookML experience.
- You have experience with sales and operations incentive compensation management systems (i.e. Xactly).
- Multiple years designing complex incentive plans
- High level of integrity related to work product and respect for employee information
- Experience with Workday a plus
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.