LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
Our relationships with our retail buyers are vital to the success of our b2b marketplace. As such, we are seeking an experienced Director of Retail Sales and Engagement to own our retailer account strategy at LeafLink. Reporting into our VP of Revenue, you will manage and grow our Retail Engagement team, defining best practices across onboarding, training, business reviews, and up-selling that will drive both GMV and revenue across our dispensary clients. You will define what it means to evolve our retailer users into true, trusted partners and operationalize it across the retailer’s customer journey.
As we continue to develop new services and offerings for our retail customers, you will be responsible for working together with key internal stakeholders to develop, launch, and optimize their go-to-market strategy. You will ultimately define and own resulting revenue targets and KPIs. This will require strong collaboration with executives, business line owners, Product & Engineering, and Marketing. You will coach and educate your team on these new initiatives, helping them achieve success in an exciting, rapidly evolving set of goals and responsibilities.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded leaders who are long-term strategic thinkers while also versatile in being able to execute near-term objectives. You are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently positive and direct individual, willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning.Responsibilities
- Define and operationalize LeafLink’s retailer engagement strategy across the retailer’s customer journey on LeafLink.
- Manage and grow our Retail Engagement team in alignment with our goal of becoming true partners with our retail customers.
- Own GMV and revenue targets for the retailer customer base, working across teams and across business lines to develop go-to-market strategies for new offerings.
- Partner with the Product team to synthesize and relay retailer feedback, serving as the voice of the customer.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of experience
- You are a skilled manager with a verifiable track record of growing and coaching teams that meet/exceed revenue goals and are recognized for their success.
- You have a proven track record of successfully developing and launching the go-to-market strategy for new revenue streams or product offerings within an existing customer base.
- You are a strong communicator - possessing both written and verbal communication skills, you can develop presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions.
- You understand that due to the nature of this role, external partners can change your day’s plan with little/minimal notice. You understand that some late nights, unplanned challenges, and communications outside of traditional business hours are part of the job.
- You possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and you thrive in a market that is constantly evolving and changing.
- Experience working with retail clients and/or a software or SaaS offering is strongly preferred.
- A solid understanding of the current landscape in the legalized cannabis industry is a strong plus
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.