Director, Sales Compensation at Celonis
The time is now to start your next career step at Celonis, one of the fastest growing global tech companies worldwide
Celonis is the leader in business transformation software - the Execution Management Systems (EMS) lifts barriers to execution capacity to maximize business performance. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis EMS helps companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations. For Global 2000 companies, transforming to an intelligent enterprise has become a key strategic priority. Celonis disrupted what had previously been a manual, time-consuming and expensive consulting-driven approach to jump-start and operationalize change in transformation initiatives. Celonis has thousands of global customers including ABB, AstraZeneca, Bosch, Coca Cola, Citibank, Dell, GSK, John Deere, L’Oreal, Siemens, Uber, Vodafone, and Whirlpool. Particularly in these uncertain times Celonis plays an impactful role in helping customers to use their execution capacity the best way possible.
Celonis is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York, US, and has in total 15 offices worldwide.The company has grown 5,000% in 4 years and 300% in the past year. Celonis now counts as a Decacorn, having raised $1 billion in our most recent funding round in June 2021, valuing the company at more than $11 billion. Since opening its US headquarter in New York in September 2016 it has quickly added blue chip customers like Lockheed Martin, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, and Mars to its client roster. The US is the fastest growing region for Celonis and will soon exceed 50% of its total revenue, and therefore expanding US offices in New York, San Francisco, Raleigh, as well as Toronto, Canada, and Latin America.
The Director Sales Compensation will report to the head of sales compensation, and take end-to-end ownership of the strategy, design, and operationalization of incentive compensation plans across the Sales, and broader Go-To-Market (‘GTM’) Organization. The leader will drive global consistency, data quality, processing accuracy, and develop and track metrics to assess effectiveness. This is a key role responsible for driving processes to match our rapid scaling and meet month close deadlines. The leader will author policies, resolve comp exceptions, conduct training, and maintain compliance controls.
- Strategic Thought leadership for comp plan design through implementation
- Partner with and present to Sales and GTM Leadership to build comp plans to incentivize behaviors that drives our global strategic objectives
- Lead Crediting and Commissions processing through the monthly close process
- Document, improve, and automate all processes, including: Quotas and targets, crediting, performance reporting, and comp plan issuance
- Ensures internal compliance of compensation process key controls.
- Develop and track metrics to assess internal team effectiveness: Review team capacity, error rate, Case management SLA, process improvement effectiveness
- Manage a team that owns the daily administration of all compensation programs
- Timely resolution of inquiries and disputes from comp plan participants
- 10+ years experience supporting SaaS B2B teams, with significant time focused on creating, designing, and operationalizing sales compensation plans
- Experience in analyzing sales commissions processes and finding automation opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet deadlines
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to embrace ambiguity and break down complex problems to provide clear and effective recommendations
- Impeccable analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills; can establish credibility, build consensus, and partner cross-functionally without direct authority
- Expertise, or experience, with Anaplan is a plus
- ... see people as the fundamental pillar of our success. Therefore, we invest into the personal growth and skill development of each individual alongside with the strength finder test
- … offer attractive compensation models (best-in-class salary, stock option packages, employee referral bonus, family service, flexible working hours, …)
- ... are visionary and one of the fastest growing Software-Unicorns in the world
- … are experts in the field of Process Mining - the new Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of instruments and applications: the EMS offerings help companies manage every facet of execution management from analytics, to strategy and planning, management, actions and automations
- ... distinguish ourselves through a unique combination of innovative start-up atmosphere paired with great professionalism and self-responsible work
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better.
Have a look at our full Diversity statement here.