Director of Sales, Customer Base - Key Accounts
BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
BetterCloud can only achieve its lofty aspirations by finding and hiring amazing sales talent. If you are looking to be part of something profound and build something special, BetterCloud is for you. We are looking for a Director of Sales, Customer Base-Key Accounts to join our rapidly growing sales team. This role will lead a team of Strategic Account Managers focused on selling into our existing customer base. We’re looking for a candidate with strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships both outside and within the organization.
- 3+ years’ successful experience building and leading front line sales teams that sell back into customer base for a high growth technology company and 5+ years successful direct sales experience.
- SaaS experience is a must. Ideally selling a technical product to companies ranging from mid-market to large enterprise.
- Outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a Sales Leader.
- Proven aptitude to build high-performing teams, close business, build consensus, resolve conflict, solve tough business problems, roll-up sleeves and drive revenue.
- Skilled at business planning and diligent at measuring and communicating progress towards the plan, identifying roadblocks, and coming up with appropriate resolutions.
- Strong capabilities in planning and executing account strategy by segment and geography, creating and presenting sales plans, setting milestones, measuring performance and being accountable for results to executive management.
- Excellent communicator; strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills; effective at delivering executive level presentations.
- Familiarity with MEDDPICC is preferred.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, and retain the necessary staff to meet and exceed targets.
- Coach sales team to uncover customer needs, develop champions, present specific use cases, demonstrate the differentiated value of BetterCloud and negotiate favorable pricing and terms by selling value and ROI.
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Success team to identify and develop new opportunities and strategies within assigned accounts
- Direct sales activities within assigned customers, set expectations, provide guidance, establish accurate plans and forecasts, prioritize efforts, hold the team accountable for building pipeline and executing each phase of the sales process, drive short-term and long-term results to maximize overall territory growth objectives.
- Develop and execute sales plans, upsell playbook and strategies to grow existing accounts
- Accurately forecast and achieve monthly and quarterly sales quotas as well as weekly/monthly activity and pipeline development goals
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, share best practices regarding tools, sales techniques, and account management with peers and team members
- Conduct weekly meetings with all sales reps to review performance and opportunities
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPI) for sales team
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth working closely with our VP of Sales
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.