Director of Sales Development at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Stack Overflow is seeking an experienced Director of Sales Development with a proven track record of success to build, mentor, and scale the Sales Development Representative (SDR) team. The Director of Sales Development is a senior leadership role for an intelligent, savvy individual who is passionate about Stack Overflow’s mission and opportunity. The goal of the SDR team is to gain engagement with quality leads to create opportunities which in turn will generate revenue for Stack Overflow’s Talent and Teams products.
What you’ll do:
- Grow, nurture, inspire and lead a team of world-class SDRs
- Develop paths for career advancement within the SDR functions
- Plan, forecast, and adjust the capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively with our sales team and the supply of inbound demand from marketing
- Refine the sales prospecting and pitching processes to achieve optimum results
- Manage inbound lead flow/drive outbound activity and track efficiency of sales and marketing programs to ensure top of funnel opportunities are being created at the correct velocity to deliver bottom of funnel/revenue targets
- Lead the team to success providing unique Solution Selling, role-plays, conversation frameworks, situational knowledge, and call coaching
- Understand implicitly what success looks like and what is required to achieve it - performance vs results and conscious competence
- Establish metrics and develop the team by understanding their performance through weekly stand-ups, training and monthly 1:1’s with an emphasis on performance vs results and conscious competence
- Engage and collaborate with Product, Marketing and Sales leadership across Stack Overflow offices worldwide
- Foster a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Model a high degree of intellectual curiosity and emotional intelligence while supporting the team
What you need to have:
- 12+ years of sales experience, with 5+ years managing a Sales Development Team with a proven track record of results
- Experience managing/leading a remote team with satellite offices
- Expertise in selling at the Enterprise level with a strong preference for experience selling developer tools and/or HR tech
- Must have knowledge of SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models
- Strong track record of consistently exceeding against quota and outlined metrics
- Expertise working with Salesforce and Marketing Automation platforms
- An enthusiastic team player who is comfortable working with all department leaders
- Demonstrated ability to find, handle and progress high-level enterprise business
- Demonstrated track record of effectively hiring, training, motivating and growing team members
- Ability to work in a dynamic, startup environment
- Must be willing to travel on a quarterly basis at a minimum
- Excellent written and communication skills
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.