Director, Sales Enablement at Electric
Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses.. Through a chat interface, personalized service and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement. We are seeking highly motivated, detail-oriented go-getters who want to move up in a tech startup.
Are you seeking a career as part of a world-class sales team in a fast-paced environment that allows you to thrive at one of the world’s fastest growing companies? Do you want to have tremendous impact on that growth? Electric is seeking high energy, driven professionals with exceptional sales instincts, business acumen and training expertise to build and lead our Sales Enablement team.
What You’ll Do
We are hiring a Director to lead the Sales Enablement team, building from the ground up and focused on Continuing Education for Sales. You will build and implement specific sales and service curriculum design, product and systems/tools expertise and certification, to ensure our client facing teams are developing the skills and knowledge needed to be successful.
The Director of Sales Enablement will ensure sales is confident, consistent with the company’s go-to-market positioning and content. You will report to the VP Sales and work closely with the sales leadership, Sales Operations and product marketing teams to ensure alignment and go-to-market effectiveness. The ideal candidate understands sales methodology concepts, practices, and procedures and will rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This role is vital to the company’s growth goals, so your creative, competitive and fun nature will be embraced!
Who You Are
- Design and implement comprehensive on-boarding and ongoing enablement/development programs for sales, incorporating well-defined quantitative and qualitative success metrics
- Host and deliver sales training and roleplaying sessions both on general sales skills as well as company, industry and product specific training
- Work closely with Product Marketing and the sales team to maintain sales tools and the sales tool repository, including: customer presentations, competitive information and customer success stories
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and subject matter experts to ensure that learning paths, learning cadence and sales tools are clearly defined, effective, and up-to-date
- Establish and maintain formal and informal key performance indicators to track effectiveness of the sales training program, sales tools and initiatives, including sales velocity and adoption or utilization
- Attend or listen to recorded sales calls to ensure adoption of best practices and identify areas of improvement or new best practices for feedback to Product Marketing on positioning or sales leadership on sales process
- Partner with senior management to identify opportunities for sales process and performance improvements
- Lead cross-functional sales and marketing teams to implement new best practices to close gaps or take advantage of macro trends that you identify
What Will You Bring
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales, preferably in the SaaS software space
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales training or coaching of sales reps or sales managers, preferably in the preferably in the SaaS software space
- Strong project or program management skills, including: planning, Excel and communication skills
- Strong credibility and interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Deep experience in supporting sales organizations, sales processes, sales methodologies, and strategy and can be a trusted advisor to sales leadership
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure the sales organizations efficient operation and success
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.