Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As Director of Sales Engineering at Foursquare, you will be responsible for partnering with the Enterprise Sales team to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning and execution. You will be leading & mentoring a team of Sales Engineers to understand and communicate business requirements and solutions to customers & prospects. You will be a leader at understanding our customers’ and prospects’ needs, landscape of location technologies and use cases and developing the appropriate solution footprint and benefit assessment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Partner with the Sales team during the sales process to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning and execution
- Mentor (& hire) team of exceptional SEs to support Sales to exceed our revenue targets
- Offer guidance on technical aspects of Foursquare’s solution as part of the sales process. Present yourself as a code-native with a “just do it” attitude; although you’re joining a Go-To Market team, you’re as technically-minded as any software engineer
- Develop a strategy and multi-year vision for account penetration
- Help shape the evolution of our solutions by partnering with Account Management, Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering teams
- 8+ years of relevant experience working with modern technologies/frameworks such as Spark, Athena, RESTful APIs, mobile, and cloud platforms (professional experience with Python is a Bonus)
- 5+ years business experience preferably in a SaaS business environment (in an SE role or similar)
- Experience working within a multi-product, enterprise-focused organization
- Share a deep understanding of APIs, mobile development, and back-end architecture; you understand the tradeoffs that customers’ engineers make every day and can help them make the best decisions
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets
- Ability to deliver and communicate technical topics to a business audience, and vice versa
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 15% of the time
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.