Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
The Director of Sales - Public Sector is responsible for building, managing and leading the Public Sector Vertical at OwnBackup. The right candidate will play a critical role in the creation and execution of a Public Sector Sales Program to maximize the adoption of OwnBackup within the State and Local market.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of the public sector
- Analyzes regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates leadership on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Ensures that the public sector sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Manage a small team focused on Public Sector
- Work across teams to drive revenue growth within State and Local
- At least 12 years of closing roles in SaaS sales through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers
- Must be a high performing individual with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives into Public Sector
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated partnering and closing skills
- Must have expertise around contracts like NASPO and State and Local procurement. As well as the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our resellers
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: SFDC knowledge is desired
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work in the Washington DC to maximize selling into the public sector space. This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.#LI-BS1 #LI-Remote