Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
The Director of Sales - Public Sector is responsible for building, managing and leading the Public Sector Vertical at OwnBackup. The right candidate will play a critical role in the creation and execution of a Public Sector Sales Program to maximize the adoption of OwnBackup within the State and Local market.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of the public sector
- Analyzes regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates leadership on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Ensures that the public sector sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Manage a small team focused on Public Sector
- Work across teams to drive revenue growth within State and Local
- At least 12 years of closing roles in SaaS sales through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers
- Must be a high performing individual with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives into Public Sector
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated partnering and closing skills
- Must have expertise around contracts like NASPO and State and Local procurement. As well as the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our resellers
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: SFDC knowledge is desired
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business development reps and account executives.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.