Director, Sales & Strategic Growth
BrandTotal is the industry-leading solution for real-time competitive intelligence across social and digital channels, working with enterprise brands across verticals. We are seeking a smart, energetic and competitive Director of Sales & Strategic Growth to join our team.
In this role, you’ll be directly responsible for sourcing and growing BrandTotal’s Monthly Recurring Revenue and adding new accounts to the BrandTotal client roster. In this role, you’ll obsess over finding our future customers and driving/closing opportunities to achieve breakout revenue growth. You will be a key contributor in creating a fun, energetic and financially successful growth culture, leading by example.
This is a direct sales contributor role and in this role, you will work with some of the world’s most known advertisers. You will also seek dynamic brands that push the envelope of modern marketing technology, customer engagement, performance marketing, and brand engagement.
- Locate and develop new business opportunities by prospecting/researching/sourcing new opportunities and then communicating with and visiting prospects and clients to drive opportunities down funnel to close
- Serve as trusted advisor and industry expert on “Agile Marketing” and marketing trends in the digital marketing and creative fields
- Accurately assess and communicate pipeline and revenue forecasts
- Partner closely with BrandTotal’s Global Head of Growth and the BrandTotal leadership team on new initiatives, projects, and opportunities for revenue growth
- Actively assess and improve current sales tools, presentation materials, sales collateral, playbooks, pitches, messaging, etc.
- Collaborate with both technical colleagues and company executives
- Provide useful, regular feedback to our engineering and product teams based on customer input and your insight; actively partner with these teams to enhance our technology and services
Qualifications & Skills:
- Successful previous experience (5+ years) as a sales manager/director, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Experience at an early to mid-stage startup
- Background in media and/or marketing technologies - deep understanding of how consumer & marketing data functions within enterprise, including deep experience in the marketing, advertising, digital or creative space
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Strong leadership and influencing skills; ability to negotiate and build strong business relationships internally and externally
- Proven aptitude for managing pipelines, forecasting, territory planning, weekly updates, and sales KPIs
- Strong collaborative skills with the ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Demonstrates strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrates strong initiative and don’t wait to be told what needs to be done to achieve your goals
- Outstanding track record of consistently meeting/exceeding revenue closing quotas
- Excellent track record of successfully leading or co-managing sales meetings with C-level executives
- Up to 30% traveling