Director, Sales Strategy at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You are passionate about partnering with sales executives to provide strategic go-to-market insights by developing a best-in-class sales analytics team to support rapid growth. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can make recommendations and solve ambiguous problems by analyzing large complex data sets. You have the initiative and intellectual curiosity to propose new ideas and are strong at framing and structuring a problem and building recommendations based on data. You want to develop, implement, and scale operating processes to help sales move faster. You're a thought partner that values building strong relationships across an organization and fostering a healthy and collaborative team atmosphere . You have the ability to think globally and strategically, and then roll up your sleeves to execute and impact our go-to-market strategy.
As Director, Sales Strategy, you will lead the core sales infrastructure and analytics foundation and the team responsible for quota setting, measuring performance, territory carving, CRM maintenance, and strategic planning.
- Develop and deliver recommendations and presentations to executive leadership
- Lead a team responsible for all aspects of sales strategy development, balancing and maintenance of assigned sales territories
- Partner with Sales Leadership in strategic operational planning and ensure decisions align with overall company sales approach and goals
- Manage reporting and analysis on current territory and whitespace data, recommending territory designs, in order to capitalize on future growth
- Partner with internal stakeholders within the organization to improve data integrity with the CRM
- Develop innovative methodologies related to quota and territory coverage to answer strategic questions across the organization and act as the subject matter expert on territory strategy execution
- Maximize sales productivity by facilitating the strategic annual planning process with the development of the GTM organizational structure and associated sales hierarchy
- Track quota over-assign vs plan through the FY highlighting areas of risk/concern to achieve plan
- Align with Operations Business Partners to ensure appropriate coverage/quota priorities are delivered
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting) or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in Sales Strategy, Operations, Revenue Operations or Business Planning, with 5+ years focused on territory development and quota setting
- Direct people management experience
- Strong ability to conduct complicated analysis, identify key insights, and recommend actions
- Business partnership experience with executives and upper management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage your time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working across offices and regions on global projects
- Proficiency in Salesforce (Clari a plus), Excel, BI tools (such as Looker)
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.