Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
This spotlight focuses in on our open Director of Sales position.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped over 10,000 SMBs secure almost a billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our near 5-star rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game—and we’re willing to compensate for it. We offer meaningful equity in a fast-growing company. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
2. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
3. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
4. We sponsor bi-weekly catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also host bi-weekly company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
5. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
Our Director of Sales will be essential in managing several teams of 8-10 Account Executive and ensuring Fundera meets its aggressive growth and revenue goals. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Director of Sales, You’ll Get to...
- Maintain and enforce a high standard of service consistent with Fundera customer-first positioning & brand.
- Build an efficient management cadence through 1/1s, team meetings, & coaching.
- Drive pitch development & experimentation while working with our Sales Training team on filling development gaps across the team.
- Work across the broader leadership team on planning & strategy to grow new business quarterly in a repeatable & predictable way.
- Work with sales management on sourcing, recruiting, & on-boarding of top talent at the SDR, AE, & AM levels.
- Work closely with SDR management & marketing on driving opportunities for growth at the top of our funnel.
- Guard & protect the Fundera culture and ensure we are living by our core values.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- 5+ years of proven sales experience, with 2+ years in a leadership role, preferably on an Inside Sales Team. Startup or growth phase companies a plus.
- Hands-on management style; prioritizing individual attention along with regular and direct customer engagement.
- Experience recruiting & on-boarding high performing sales reps.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM, including reporting and management KPIs.
- A willingness and ability to offer insight beyond your daily duties -- don't just work here, help us build a great company.
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the experience, apply below to be our Director of Sales.