Director of Sales at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
We are searching for an exceptional leader to build out the Sales function at TPT. We are looking for someone who is passionate about education and technology and can take leadership in developing and managing relationships with K-12 school administrators in the US, Canada, and Australia.
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading the Inside Sales team in New York City. This team is comprised of three separate teams: Sales Development, Account Executives, and Customer Success/Account Management. Sales as a core growth function is relatively new at TPT and you will have the opportunity to build and shape the team to drive accelerated revenue growth with new audience segments.
- Drive revenue, adoption, and market penetration for your market segment.
- Create, implement and own a highly productive sales pipeline to manage customer lead intake, outbound activity, prioritization and metrics for measurement of deal value and status.
- Meet or exceed sales goals each quarter through input-driven team management.
- Continually develop the sales pitch and narrative as we learn more about how to drive conversion through the funnel.
- Prepare deal overviews and contract summaries for key stakeholders.
- Mentor and coach your teams to drive new opportunities and fuel our accelerated growth trajectory while also evaluating our strategy and tactics to find opportunities for improvement.
- Continually improve sales processes and ensure proper follow-through.
- Help with the hiring and formal training process for new team members.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- A proven track record for delivering on or exceeding revenue goals
- Experience within the SaaS platform sales industry for SMB clients
- Highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication and negotiating skills
- BA/BS degree
- Strong experience managing/leading SaaS-based B2B inside sales teams
- 5+ years of experience managing functional sales teams, building a sales process, and developing high performing talent
- Demonstrated ability to instigate, carry through and close deals
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Must be impact-oriented
- Strong understanding of the education industry and teachers.
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.