In the minute it takes you to read this job description, Bluecore has launched over 100,000 individually personalized marketing campaigns for our retail e-commerce customers!
We're looking for a talented Director of Solutions Consulting to support our sales team in accelerating sales opportunities, especially focused on product and technical expertise throughout the sales process. This Director of Solutions Consulting is tasked with developing a thorough understanding of our prospect and customers’ business and technical needs, and effectively communicating and translating those into solutions. This position is the best fit for someone who enjoys presenting to technical and non-technical audiences, thrives in a cross-functional team environment, and enjoys sophisticated problem solving with a focus on driving performance for customers. This role sits formally within the Sales team however serves as a liaison between multiple other functions in the organization.
- Achieve growth targets by leading a high-performing Solutions Consulting team. This includes defining team involvement in deal cycles and driving recruiting, training, objective setting, coaching, and performance management of the Solutions Consulting team
- Develop expertise on Bluecore capabilities, features, use cases, etc
- Strong focus on value-based selling (MEDDICC preferred). Helping Reps/SCs find and build technical champions that can link why Bluecore unique capabilities can drive incremental results against competitors.
- Clear understanding of the SC team can impact the conversion rate from Discover > Define > Economic Buyer > Go/No Go > Technical Win (Trial) to close.
- Develop a team that serves as the primary technical resource in the development of Bluecore’s value proposition and technical expertise during sales engagements. This includes understanding a customer’s requirements, desired outcomes and mapping them to a comprehensive solution.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define go-to-market strategy and sales approach. Being able to partner with leadership across Sales, Customer Success & Value Consultants on qualifying implementation packages; both standardized that scale and customized that require in-depth solution qualification.
- Ability to package technical requirements of deals at scale into buckets of standardized and bespoke implementations.
- Maintain up-to-date market expertise and continuously evolve competitive positioning from technical capabilities to executive-level business value.
- Serve as primary liaison between the Sales organization, Product management and senior engineering leaders to prioritize and communicate new feature requests and product roadmap vision to best drive company growth and customer success.
- Ability to build trust and work with post-sales especially on complex and high-risk implementations. Continuously evolve our product demonstration to effectively showcase new and differentiated features in an effort to accelerate new business sales
- Sales enablement in the form of demo training, competitive intelligence and objection handling
- Establish a process and team capable of completing strong RFP/RFI responses as well as security and technical reviews
- Bachelor’s degree combined with a strong sales engineering / technical background and work experience. You need not be an engineer but you must be a general technologist.
- 7+ years work experience in marketing technology, at least 3 years as a people manager.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, ability to decipher a customer’s challenge and translate it to internal teams in order to implement a product or technical solution
- Strong written and presentation skills; ability to have a highly technical conversation with IT teams as well as simplify complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Experience with Data Science and/or Machine Learning is a significant plus
- Position is based in New York City
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Bluecore is a multi-channel personalization platform that gives retailers a competitive advantage in a digital-first world. Unlike systems built for mass marketing and a physical-first world, Bluecore unifies shopper and product data in a single platform, and using AI/ML, activates welcomed personal experiences at the speed and scale of digital. Through Bluecore’s dynamic shopper and product matching, brands can personalize 100% of communications delivered to consumers through their shopping experiences, anywhere.
This comes to life in three core product lines:
- Bluecore Communicate™ a modern email service provider (ESP) + SMS
- Bluecore Site™ an onsite personalization product
- Bluecore Advertise™ a paid media product
Bluecore is credited with increasing lifetime value of shoppers and overall speed to marketing for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Fortune, Crain's, Forbes and BuiltIn as well as ranked on the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.