Director, Solutions - Wealth Management at Unqork
Unqork is an enterprise software company with a no-code platform that digitizes the entire client lifecycle and eliminates dependence on paper for financial services and insurance companies. The company’s patent-pending technology uses AI and machine transcription for risk assessment and digitization, utilizing each client’s existing product and underwriting rules, layered on top of legacy IT systems. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology creates custom client onboarding and servicing forms using a drag-and-drop interface which can be implemented within weeks instead of months – unlike most hard-coded technology builds. The result is an easy to use and streamlined front-end agent and consumer experience that significantly reduces operational costs and eliminates errors, while accelerating sales and business growth.
Some of the world’s largest insurance and financial companies use Unqork to define new business rules and deploy products/applications seamlessly and effortlessly without relying on costly development and maintenance of a code base. Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals and has created an ‘elegant paradigm shift’ in the way insurance and financial companies are able to operate.
As Solutions Architect Director, you will be mentoring and managing a team of Associate and Senior Solutions Architects and helping them working with our designers, configurators and engineering team to help deliver best in class experiences to our customers. Serving as a client-facing technical voice, you’ll be responsible for providing invaluable insight and architectural guidance to our customers and configuration team as they plan and build out new products. You will also be involved in continuously helping to improve our platform.
- Guide enterprise application architectural design for client applications built on Unqork’s drag-and-drop platform
- Work directly with clients and collaborate with internal teams to serve as the technical architect for new client projects
- Provide guidance and assist configuration team in technical integrations
- Collaborate with the engineering team, providing valuable insight as to how the platform can be improved to better serve customers and the Unqork team
Who you are:
- You are resourceful, open-minded and enjoy problem solving
- You care about serving customers and delivering a great product
- You pay attention to the details
- You are constantly thinking about how we can continuously improve the platform
- You have good interpersonal skills, are diligent, and self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn and excel in a high-paced environment
- You are quick on your feet and not scared to fill in the gaps when necessary
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience guiding architectural decisions for enterprise applications
- Experience mentoring and managing a high-performing, high-impact team to clear roadblocks, grow their skills, and enable them to be successful
- Strategic mindset and ability to collaborate and share technical feedback as a super user with engineering and product teams to help guide and steer the product roadmap
- Proven ability to consult clients: designing specifications, prototyping, managing POCs, etc
- Experience building and architecting web applications at enterprise scale
- Ability to collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure Unqork applications are built with sound architectural design principals\
- Proficient working knowledge of REST APIs and other web services
- Relational or non-relational database query experience
- MongoDB aggregation framework
- BI tool experience (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- Modern front-end framework experience (i.e. React, Angular)
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.