Director Strategic Business Development at LeafLink
LeafLink is the largest unified B2B cannabis platform, providing licensed cannabis businesses a suite of tools to manage their business more effectively, sell or order from their favorite brands and accelerate growth. We are one platform, one solution and we’re defining the way thousands of cannabis brands, distributors and retailers streamline their operations. With thousands of brands and retailers across 30+ markets in North America, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink processes more than $4.4 billion in wholesale cannabis orders annually.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Founders Fund, Thrive Capital, Nosara Capital, and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Inc. 5000’s ‘Top 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies’, one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking for a Director Strategic Business Development to allow the logistics organization to scale faster by expanding and accelerating the business development activities required to align with new operating partners across the various markets. This role will work with logistics leadership, operations teams, legal and go to market teams to source, vet, and sign on new operating partners based on the priorities of the business. You will report directly to the Head of Logistics, and will be required to work cross-functionally to execute on the goals of the business.Who You Are
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges. You will need to be flexible, learn from mistakes, and adapt quickly.
- Have an innate ability to distinguish between one-way and two-way doors allowing you to move fast when an opportunity arises and be very diligent and deliberate when required
- Self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You are a relationship driven professional with above average empathy allowing you to understand our partners motivations and pains.
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- Develop relationships with both cannabis and non-cannabis supply chain operators with the goal of expanding LeafLink’s logistics operating partner network.
- Conduct industry research and work cross-functionally within the LeafLink organization as well as with external counsel understand market regulatory structures, scope the local operating model, and size the opportunity of potential partnerships across the various markets in which LeafLink operates.
- Work with legal, finance and operations teams to diligence potential partners’ operating capabilities, financial stability, and a customer-focused cultural alignment.
- Develop and negotiate creative deal structures that enable mutually beneficial relationships with our operating partners.
- Work alongside leadership to develop an operator expansion playbook to enable rapid scale of the Logistics Business Development function.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in business development and supply chain management
- Track record of strategic business development experience with the ability to interface executive and board level stakeholders.
- Deep supply chain experience with experience in operating in technology first organizations.
- Very strong analytical skills with a proven track record of building sophisticated financial models and the ability to use data and metrics to support assumptions and decisions.
- Proven track record of negotiating complex partnership agreements.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.