Director of Strategic Partnerships - Payments
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
The Director of Strategic Partnerships - Payments will report to the GM of Payments and focus on building the organization’s payments and age validation business, driving exceptional experiences for CLEAR members. CLEAR has the opportunity to solve some of the industry's most pervasive challenges while delivering superior consumer experiences.
What You Will Do:
- Develop deep partnerships that embed CLEAR into key member experiences to optimize partner businesses and create excellent end-user experiences
- Perform research across the payments landscape to develop and implement novel CLEAR experiences that drive superior financial, operational and member experience results.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop platform capabilities for payments and age validation, ensuring that CLEAR’s services exceed expectations for members and partners alike
- Conduct research, deliver competitive intelligence on payments business trends, conduct capability needs/development, and support internal forecasting processes.
- Negotiate and close partnerships with partners and vendors
- Create and refine internal processes and metrics to scale the business development organization
Who You Are:
- You’re a passionate payments visionary who sees how CLEAR’s biometric identity network will improve consumers’ lives and change the payments landscape
- You have a track record of success in developing and nurturing senior relationships, and have experience implementing and managing payments experiences.
- You’re tenacious and a strategic thinker who gets excited by pursuing new markets, creating a sales pipeline, and overcoming customer concerns.
- You possess a combination of high-level vision and pragmatism. You must be able to think big about opportunities while bringing analytical rigor to the evaluation of those opportunities and having a commitment to data-driven decision making.
- You are a team player, with a collaborative and cooperative work style. You possess time-management and prioritization skills and are excited to roll-up your sleeves
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 50% of the time)
- 7-10 years professional experience in the payments industry; business development and operational/execution experience a plus; consulting, product, technical skill-set appreciated
- Must have knowledge of payments industry, including strong relationships and/or ability to connect and influence payments leadership