Director of Strategic Partnerships
OwnBackup is a leading cloud-to-cloud backup & restore vendor. We provide secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS & PaaS data as well as sophisticated data compare & restore tools for disaster recovery. Our solution complements the SaaS vendor’s (e.g. Salesforce) built-in data-protection mechanisms by covering data loss & corruption caused by human errors, malicious intent, integration errors, and rogue applications. The solution also provides enterprises with the performance and reporting required to meet compliance regulations in a number of industries.
OwnBackup was co-founded by data-recovery, data-protection and information-security experts, each with over 15 years experience in their respective fields. We are a top-ranked backup & restore ISV on the Salesforce.com AppExchange, the 2018 Salesforce Appy award winner, and the winner of multiple Demo Jam awards.
We believe that every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so. If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative and are a great team player you will love working here.Job Description
OwnBackup is a rapidly expanding global software-as-a-service company backed by some of the leading investors in the industry including Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, Salesforce Ventures, and Insight Venture Partners.OwnBackup is an organization that empowers its people to innovate, test, and implement their ideas.With a focus on having fun, moving forward, and great execution we develop and deliver our market leading products to our customers.
We believe that every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so.If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative, thrive in a dynamic environment and are a great team player you will love working here.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad and deep expertise in the world of partnerships and cloud solutions and will have a practical understanding of working with large Global System Integrators (GSIs). They will have demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling and technical challenges to help us build compelling value propositions for OwnBackup and our partners.
This will involve working with key leaders at OwnBackup and at our partners through highly cross-functional teams to influence, align and coordinate resources to deliver the desired results.The candidate should have a proven track record of driving strategic outcomes through an ecosystem: influencing innovation through a strategic partner ecosystem, deal expertise, and/or business development experience.
The successful candidate must balance strategic-thinking with tactical execution; build effective and enduring partner relationships, drive highly cross-functional processes, possess a sound technical understanding of OwnBackup’s technology, and have an appreciation of our partners’ strengths.
This role will have very high visibility among the Sales leadership team at OwnBackup and will help grow our highest priority partnerships.Responsibilities
- Lead and grow our go-to-market partnerships with Salesforce’s most strategic SIs globally
- Increase OwnBackup’s Annual Contract Value (ACV) influenced by our Strategic Partners
- Manage key partnership areas – strategy development, stakeholder engagement plans, joint offerings, tactical execution and alignment of go-to-market functions
- Be OwnBackup’s advocate for our Strategic Partners’ differentiated offerings and value
- Work closely with the executive team and internal functional leaders to drive action and build world class execution capability
- Build and maintain activity and performance reports and dashboards
- 10+ years work experience with some specific experience managing GSIs (or working at one), business development or other deal-oriented role
- Software industry domain expertise (preferably SaaS) and the ability to understand complex technology problems
- Strong previous background in Partner Alliance Management
- Strategic thinker who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes
- Effective at building relationships (both internally and with partners), collaborating and influencing others; experience working with senior executives / partners in cross-company projects
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in both business and technical discussions
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative and high-growth environment
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and less defined organization
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Experience with Salesforce (or Salesforce’s ecosystem) is a strong plus
- Global role supporting different regions – 35-40% travel may be required