Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
As OwnBackup continues to scale into the next phase of growth, we are looking for determined Director of Strategic Partnerships that has a broad and deep expertise in the world of partnerships and cloud solutions. This individual will have a practical understanding of working with large Global System Integrators (GSIs). Also, will have demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling and technical challenges to help us build compelling value propositions for OwnBackup and our partners. This will involve working with key leaders at OwnBackup and at our partners through highly cross-functional teams to influence, align and coordinate resources to deliver the desired results.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Lead and grow our go-to-market partnerships with Salesforce’s most strategic SIs globally
- Increase OwnBackup’s Annual Contract Value (ACV) influenced by our Strategic Partners
- Manage key partnership areas – strategy development, stakeholder engagement plans, joint offerings, tactical execution and alignment of go-to-market functions
- Be OwnBackup’s advocate for our Strategic Partners’ differentiated offerings and value
- Work closely with the executive team and internal functional leaders to drive action and build world class execution capability
- Build and maintain activity and performance reports and dashboards
- 10+ years’ work experience with some specific experience managing GSIs (or working at one), business development or other deal-oriented role
- Strategic thinker who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes
- Effective at building relationships (both internally and with partners), collaborating and influencing others; experience working with senior executives / partners in cross-company projects
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment and less defined organization
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker
- Experience with Salesforce (or Salesforce’s ecosystem) is a strong plus
- Global role supporting different regions – 35-40% travel may be required
This is a full time position. The candidate could work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with HQ employees. OwnBackup is a global team though, and we’re going for top-talent, so for the right candidate there could be an opportunity to work remotely.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.