Director of Strategic Relationship Management
Honest Buildings is hiring a Director, Relationship Management who will lead the newly formed Strategic Relationship team focused on growing accounts in our existing book of business. This role will report to and partner closely with Chief Revenue Officer. In this position, you The Director will play a significant role in building and defining this new function. Responsible for the development of the short and long-term Relationship Management strategy.
You will manage a team of highly motivated Relationship Managers. Your team is tasked with defending and growing the existing client business. This role will partner closely with the Director of Sales and Client Services leadership to ensure a consistent client experience, share best practices, build internal processes and deliver on revenue targets.
The Director should have a track record of success in client relationship management, as well as proven people management and leadership skills. You must have a lead-by-example management style and superb communication skills. The development of relationships, both internal and external to Honest Buildings will be instrumental to success in the job.
- Develop short and long-term Relationship Management strategy
- Manage a team of highly motivated Relationship Managers individual contributors
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual ARR targets for our existing book of business
- Provide coaching, ongoing advice and guidance for navigating complex customer organizations
- Enable and encourage creative problem solving by team members
- Superior networking abilities and hiring instincts
- Assists in developing sales and growth strategies
- Deploy incentives and other programs as necessary to achieve critical milestones to success
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years of related experience in SaaS Sales or Account Management
- 3+ years of experience in managing and developing client service teams.
- A Strategic thinker who is comfortable using data & insights to grow relationships, identify and solve problems, and build effective teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building internal and external relationships.
- Demonstrable track record of managing teams who have consistently achieved revenue growth across client base.
- Lead-by-example sales and management style that drives performance excellence and wins the respect and loyalty of staff.
- Ability to discern customer needs and emerging market trends.
- Proactive and driven professional who excels at cultivating relationships, and formulating the necessary strategies to structure business processes, optimize resources, and streamline operations.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to establish credibility with C-level executives.
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of the real estate market
- Experience at a company growing to $50M ARR
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Comprehensive insurance options
- Commuter Benefits
- Be a serious player in a market that is massively larger than others you may know ($4.5Tn in CRE vs. $1.5Tn in E-Commerce, $100Bn's in Transportation)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free Lunch Fridays, catered every week
- An open, sunny workspace with great views
- Strong office culture
- Happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites--Great office culture!
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia. We're 90+ people today but we're on the precipice of a big expansion. Come be a part of helping to shape it!
- We've raised more than $47 million from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry